Bushcrafter Beard Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
lol, will do mate... She's liked both the Black and Red so far.

Theres something in this Red i can't put my finger on but it's familiar....

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've tried 3 so far.

1st, the black; spicy but sickly sweet with it. A bit cinnamon-y I thought. Wasn't keen and probably won't use it again.

2nd, Blue. Initial blast of strong grapefruit, I think. All day hints of citrus mix, lime/orange?

3rd, Red. I like it and it seems familiar but, like Mark, I can't pin it down.

Been full of cold all week so may be experiencing reduced smells.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That's great Ian thanks. Spot on with blue, there are others in there, but all those three are dominants.

Fascinating on black. I expected someone to hate it. It appears that black is a Marmite scent :)

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Fascinating on black. I expected someone to hate it. It appears that black is a Marmite scent :)

Odd, because I love Marmite.
t2801.gif

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tan was a pig to make....there is pine tar in there amongst other things :)

Let me know if it lasts?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Will do mate... though i'll have to wait until Rach gets home tonight, as i smoke and can't smell it even now, but the scent will be there, as i lost the Red quarrel scent fairly quickly, but Rach could still smell it in bed last night.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Mark. Its tricky working with pine tar. I want the smell to last but not to be too strong, too dark in colour or too sticky. I like the idea of using it, but its an unknown quantity in this use.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Just tried blue squirrel after swimming... Full on citrus... lovely. I've liked them all so far... Rach hasn't complained about any of them.. though tan is still her least favourite.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fascinating. Seems to me that Green may not be worth pursuing, Red and Blue are liked, Tan is just so so and Black only some like.....

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Tried Green this morning. Defo not for me this one. Don't like it at all mate, sorry.

Red is my Favourite.
Blue and black are both good.
Tan is also good, but will need to try it out a little more to decide where it fits in the ratings.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing to be sorry about,that's what I need to hear.

The next step is to try three types of carrier oil, all with the same perfume to see which oil conditions the beard best. I think I will base that trial on Red as everyone seems to like it.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Had some more Red squirrel on this evening..... one of our cats has just spent 10 minutes licking the residue from my hands...... So cats like it too :)

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Tried the Tan Squirrel today; reminded me of Stupidly Simple's Midge Repel (probably a common ingredient). It's not unpleasant but I couldn't use it every day. Think you have the level of pine tar(?) about right. Any more would be too much for me.
Will give the green a go tomorrow.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks In. Let's see if I get a unanimous "yuck" to green :)

Are tge three of you all happy to try a variety of Red formulations to see which conditions the beard best? They will all smell the same, but will soften, shine and condition in different ways.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE