Bushcrafter Beard Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Blue Squirrel this morn, light,fresh, citrus.
Grapefruit? Touch of lime?
Invigorating.

C.

Sorry, I can't help thinking of Blue Stratos, but replacing it with Blue Squirrel. Would make a great comedy advert :lmao:

[video=youtube;8VScLgjuAsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VScLgjuAsM[/video]

Actually that's quite a comedy advert in its own right

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Green Squirrel this morning, first hit, Tea Tree?
Maybe some Citronella? Lemongrass?
Fragrance by far the quickest to lose its presence.
Fresh ? Clean ? yes.
But least favorite thus far ...

da C.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Only one out of three on the smells :). Good to hear about the "don't like" as that's a big help knowing which to carry forward.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Remember, it's not just about the scent, it's about 'The Beard' wether it nourishes and adds health.
If it's a good oil, you should be able to wake up without 'bed beard' . Alas shortish beards won't be able to help with that result ......

Sounds good so far though .

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just so Chiseller. I'm only using a simple carrier at this stage. When we sort the preferred scents, I plan to test several conditioning blends.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
The 'conditioning' comment from Chiseller is interesting, I found Green Squirrel a little astringent.
For me, a dry beard is an uncomfortable/ itchy beard, conditioning qualities are right up there with scent.
Tan Squirrel today, will check in later.
Have a good morning fellas!

da C.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Tan is fantastic, right up there with Black!
Really not sure what is in there but I am getting Leather, wood smoke, pine or birch tar.
Again it did not hang around as long as I would have liked but very evocative, brought back arctic camp fire sessions in Sweden and Norway
and sitting around the forge with Dave Budd after a day at the Wilderness Gathering.

Love it!.

da C.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tan is fantastic, right up there with Black!
Really not sure what is in there but I am getting Leather, wood smoke, pine or birch tar.
Again it did not hang around as long as I would have liked but very evocative, brought back arctic camp fire sessions in Sweden and Norway
and sitting around the forge with Dave Budd after a day at the Wilderness Gathering.

Love it!.

da C.

Interesting, I hope Mark and Ian like that one. Could it stand a little more of the smalls to last longer?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Red Squirrel today, another pleasant smell to it, used 10 drops as my beard was pretty dry.... No clue as to whats in this one, but i like it.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on Tan. And Rachel's too. I worry that it may not be liked by women, it is, I think, a very manly smell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE