Bushcraft: Bach or Bon Jovi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
If solo then nothing as I find it distracts me. If out with friends then music usually ends up going on and it is usually heavy metal... bit of a contrast to nature... Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Korn, Cannibal Corpse to name but a few. It does all get mixed in with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hayseed Dixie, Johnny Cash, Rancid, Jethro Tull.... We have had people approach during the evening/night who have been very worried by the music but as soon as a brew and a biscuit is offered they usually calm down a fair bit.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
If solo then nothing as I find it distracts me. If out with friends then music usually ends up going on and it is usually heavy metal... bit of a contrast to nature... Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Korn, Cannibal Corpse to name but a few. It does all get mixed in with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hayseed Dixie, Johnny Cash, Rancid, Jethro Tull.... We have had people approach during the evening/night who have been very worried by the music but as soon as a brew and a biscuit is offered they usually calm down a fair bit.

Sounds like us when it's a certain few that get together.

If it's only 2 or 3 then the sounds of nature is enough.

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
I have yet to try this. I was thinking about it the other day and figured some Celtic Trad would be great to add some epicness to a trip. Something like this: http://grooveshark.com/s/Lonesome+Boatman/3lEZXJ?src=5

Yeah thats exactly the sort of thing I'm trying to get more of! When I hear it in the night in front of the roaring fire I think maybe this sort of music was played at some stage in this situation :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE