Bushcraft: Bach or Bon Jovi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
Anybody have a camping playlist? If so, what artists feature?

Odd question I know, but I'm curious :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Birdsong. Foxes. Insects. Let's say the calls of nature. :)

Seriously, I wouldn't dream of taking something to play music, not even a harmonica.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hmmm - playlist...
Birdsong
Wind in the trees
Crackle of fire
Drumming of rain on tarp (bit of a favourite that one - I listen to it a lot!)
Hissing of bacon grill frying
Waves on the shore

You get the idea..... :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tend to listen to a story or podcasts rather than music, I like to have a listen for half an hour when I retire to the hammock

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
My favorite selection would include the aptly named "Songs from the Wood" album from Jethro Tull, either that or a harmonica

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
I would say that while bushcrafting or wild camping there is no music like the sounds that nature gives us, but for camping as it is know to rmbriar and I, means fine tobaccos and alcohol whilst being outside.

outdoorpaddy

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i have to agree with ged and john, music when camping, especially recorded music, would drive me mad. the only time i ever listen to music when camping is at festivals, and that ends to annoy me no end.

stuart

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
As long as its not anything heavy I'm alright, and not for the whole duration, theres something therapeutic about the hissing of burning pine, but a bit of folky acousticky business whilst enjoying a pipe is quite nice

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
well if we are talking about music apart from the sound of nature coldplay,roger whittiker,billy jo spears,carpenters,phil collins and so on just to get the thread back on track lol regards dave

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm with the rest, I never put my earphones in when out and about. That would make me miss all of the good stuff and go into myself. I want to be outside myself rather than in when out. Get your head around that sentence.

resnikov

The wood I use is with in spitting distance of a major motorway so while the sounds of nature would be lovely I do listen to a bit of music to drown out the noise of the trucks, so its what ever is on my phone at the moment. Normally a mix of punk, pop dance and rock.

+1 for rain on the trap, I do like that sound.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i listen to music when i do pretty much everything in life, EXCEPT when i go to the woods. it has never occured to me to take my ipod. i go to hear whatever nature wants to provide :)

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
I love music for most occasions, from fishing to walks in the woods, i don't always listen to it, but it does get taken out with me most times.

There's everything on there from The Who and Pink Floyd through to more modern stuff like Coldplay.

May 16, 2011
Perth
Im not too keen on listening to music when out but my friend that i go out with insists every time i go out with him.so if it was anything i would have to go with enigma, the most mellow natural band i can think of!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE