Brockwell Woods September 2011 - PIC HEAVY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Yep chris's devil wine had a lot to answer for.you forgot jamie trying to clear a path through trees with his head and chris's squadie mate trying to slap him around the face (i hope he got some stick when you got back to work) and it was n't any old 4x4 it was a 6 wheeler atv with abot 6 spot lamps a very cool toy :)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
It could of been worse my daughter kept making sticks with points on the ends then leaving them laid about it could of ended up like the first rambo film lol

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
a spiral fracture will take ages to heal, its one of the worst to heal, thats why poor old digger is going for his op, probably to have a plate put in and hold it together.....:(

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
a spiral fracture will take ages to heal, its one of the worst to heal, thats why poor old digger is going for his op, probably to have a plate put in and hold it together.....:(

He is right, it takes an age to heal, and is prone to reoccurring. commonly associated with skiing injury or motorbike accidents. Bad times and damn unlucky not to be a simple break.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
got an 8 inch plate and 6 screws in my tibia, the fibia is well placed, so is being left to its own devices :)
when i last broke my leg (its not a habit honestly) twas a straight snap of the tib, so no surgery was required. as a result i had a full leg plaster and mobility was a total s**t, spasms of pain every time i tried to shift the cast.
since the surgery i have a half pot, so raising/manouvering my crippled limb is less painful. have to keep all weight off for a fortnight and then hopefully will go onto 30kg weightbearing to encourage ossification.
the atv if it was a 6 wheeler would have been a kawasaki mule, have driven them regularly, very good for carrying ungainly loads over rough terrain :eek:
if you do end up maimed, ward 14 at queen alex hospital in gateshead is the place to be, fantastic ward staff (except for dizzy, the sadistic angel of death) the consultant; mr patterson is very ......forthright but top banana. and heres an interesting thing, ''oralmorph'' is bobbins, better off with codiene. obviously IV morphine is wonderful stuff :240:
although it does have certain side effects; had my first poo today since saturday and only with a hefty dose of senna :(

i am surprised a few of the lads slept through it all, although it may be a fair reflection of chris's DEVIL brew :)

chaps i've said it before and i'll say it again ; I AINT DEAD YET!
:eek:

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
A bit late to the party...but here's a few images...nothing too spectacular given the passage of events!!

Adam and Spooner.jpgAdam and Spooner

Chris_r.jpg Big Chris_r
Lanny The Man.jpg Lanny The Man
Me.jpg Me :)
Mr and Mrs Digger.jpgMr and Mrs Digger

'twas a fine meet, a pleasure to meet some new folks and old acquaintances too... even Mark :)

Attachments

• Adam and Spooner.jpg
    Adam and Spooner.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Lanny The Man.jpg
    Lanny The Man.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 27

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
what is going on here?
IMGP1370.jpg

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
what is going on here?
IMGP1370.jpg

If memory serves me correctly, Orric and I were re-enacting the opening scenes from the film Commando; something I'm sure you may have done yourself in the past. Unfortunately in this instance Orric has wood and I don't have wood. Something that was later rectified after a good deal of manhandling. Thankfully we managed to share the wood and everyone was happy. I've been working mine frequently over the last few days and it's starting to look like I'm making good progress. Hopefully it won't be too long until I reach the end. I may even post some photographs of the aftermath if you play your cards right.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE