Bread and dripping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Unfortunately the amount of dripping was only a few tablespoons so will have to wait for the next roast to try other ideas. Wish I has saved the juices under the fat now as would make a great gravy stock. Could freeze it until needed?

So how did you make your gravy?

Dripping, toast, salt and pepper and I'm happy :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
We produce 'duck dripping' by rendering duck fat. The resulting spread is delicious and contains about a gazillion calories and the cracklings make for a tasty snack too.

gSyWIEx.jpg

kacsazsír és tepertő (duck fat and cracklings)

:)

Last edited:

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I remember having dripping sandwiches from my Nan when I was a child, however have not had it for years (must easily be 15/20 years).
Question is, which joint of beef makes the best dripping?

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
So how did you make your gravy?

Bisto and veg cooking water. I remember I once tried to make a gravy with the juices fresh from the Lamb roast and ended up with a greasy horrible sludge which ruined the meal! Put me off using the roast juices. Now I know it separates into meat juice and fat things will be different!

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
a nice thick slice of bread dipped in the juices from the joint ,no other taste like it :) :)

Saw an episode of Man Verses Food where they went to a place that does beef Sub sandwiches then they dip the whole thing in a great vat of meat juices from the slow roasting of the joints they used. Absolute heaven!

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Dripping. Luv it

In our house its usually a race to see who gets to the dripping first. Couple.slices of bread. Drenched in dripping I can.taste it now.
When I went.to the gathering I made.a point.of having.a nice meat burger and. Two baps drenched in dripping. Every day (my.doc.went.nuts )

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
Don't know if they still stock it as I moved nearer another supermarket but Morrison's used to sell quite a decent dripping complete with the jelly.

Now it's been mentioned I think an expedition to Morrison's is called for soon

Gareth

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Don't know if they still stock it as I moved nearer another supermarket but Morrison's used to sell quite a decent dripping complete with the jelly.

Now it's been mentioned I think an expedition to Morrison's is called for soon

Gareth

you'll get it from a butchers anyway, and some butchers sell both pork dripping and beef dripping, my butcher sells both for the same price of £1.29 a pot.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
this thread has made me think of some of the common food which was eaten years ago. chitterlings (intestines), brains, pigs trotters, chawl, brawn, tongue, tripe and onions (which used to be sold in chip shops), batter bits were given away free from chip shops, to name just a few.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE