Blatant Bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
love this site, already browsed extensively. love how they use full filter masks and dosimiters for some places!
asbestos and radioactive materials are just SOME of the stuff they see. love how they go in, take pics and scarper, no trace just like us. its like some post apoc exploration game ;)

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots who go in take a photo and then smash everything to pieces or even worse, set the place on fire.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
good thing is Blatant Bushcraft is kind to the environment! an dosen't involve breaking into secure sites, and anyway it wouldn't be very blatant to set up a camp in, blatant means just that, being obvious and where you can be seen.

I can see I'm going to have to do another (BBU) Blatant Bushcraft to keep this thread on the subject:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
How about the magic roundabout in Swindon? It has one central roundabout with 5 satellite ones so that means about 4 of you on the big central one and 5 others with their own "rooms". Now if any of you can get a group together to do that... You could take pictures of each other's camps.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
How about the magic roundabout in Swindon? It has one central roundabout with 5 satellite ones so that means about 4 of you on the big central one and 5 others with their own "rooms". Now if any of you can get a group together to do that... You could take pictures of each other's camps.
mental!:lmao: It has to be done!

Here's a couple more I did in my lunch break today.

someone mentioned there were no people in my first BBU how about's a busy road then?
shame the camera focused on the grass, but you can see it's a busy road next to me.
fromcameranew001.jpg

and another. shame i didn't sit down othewise you'd see the junction behind me, you can see the traffic lights just above my knee. this is the problem with a 10 sec camera timer.
fromcameranew002-1.jpg

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I've seen protesters camping on Westminster Square in front of the House of Commons.

My mum used to camp out at the USAF airbase at Greenham common!
BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!
this isn't a protest of any kind, nor is it proving anything, just camping in odd places:)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
A very good friend of mine :)rolleyes:) stuck a Union Jack in the middle of a major roundabout, he told the :cop: that he was claiming the island in the name of the Queen.
They drove off and left me there.:)

I can see the next RM series based on this subject.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, not the Magic roundabout!

Its got only one pole in the middle, and just mini ones round the edge.

my Brave adventuring friend gets traumatised every time I drive over it.

(But Swindon is full of nicer roundabouts, some of whom you could hide on for yonks)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I think it should be agreed that pop up tents are cheating!

AGREED! pop up tents are not allowed

It has to be:
a tarp (a poncho is fine) or hammock even a parachute if you want! you have to be in or under it!
a cooker(as a guide Crusader cooker, Hexamine, meths burner not wood)
a mug (or zebra billy, or mess tin, or cooking pot etc etc)

The shelter, should be very easy to put up, take down and cheap!
(you don't want your brand new Hennessey nicked or confiscated).

The cooker just has to be present, it shouldn't be lit especially in a city or near buildings (unless it is "safe" to do so i.e. you can guarantee you're not going to get caught).

The mugdoes not have to have liquid in! it would be difficult to prove either way anyway.

Handy hints:
Attach bungees to the tarp with electric tape, and pegs the same way. then if you need to scarper, you can grab the tarp without looking for pegs/bungees.
in the army we used to sometimes tie up tarps with string then you'd cut the strings if you needed to "bug out" problem is you'd have to carry a knife with you.

Have your bag open and ready to stuff all your gear in, DON'T bother folding it! you can do it later.

have a plan of at least 2 escape routes in case you need to leg it, the other way you'd planned.

If police or security guards approach you, be pleasant tell them what you are doing, if they ask you to move on do it nicely! but PLEASE don't mention BCUK!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE