An overnight jaunt in changeable Welsh mountain weather.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Thanks for sharing & great photo's.

Just so the forum doesn't think Llanberis MRT are a bunch of litter louts the flare you found is the type fired by the winch man from an RAF Rescue Sea King. The aircraft may or may not have been on a rescue. MRT's always take their rubbish with them!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Quality mate. How do you find the Quito? I have the Velez Adventure Light and the Aspira smock for winter mountaineering. Quality gear.

Like the hut too! Luxury!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Possibly the best trip write up I have read on here. That was like being there.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Y Garn, and also Foel Fras, though there is nothing particularly special about either. Sometimes you just take a liking to a place.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Quality mate. How do you find the Quito?

It's a great water resistant jacket but I carry a light hardshell too incase the weather gets nasty. It replaces a windproof fleece in my backpacking kit. In cooler times I'd carry a Buffalo shirt instead.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Great pictures :)
It all brings back memories of when a/ - I worked in outdoor centers in Gogland and
b/- when I used to pop up from West Wales to deliver my designs and patterns to Snowdon Clothing and stay either in the bunkhouse/ campsite near your hut or round at Idwal
Great days - great memories - great mountains (before they had to pave all the paths!)
My days off from work at the centres were spent on the hill - solo instead of with groups!
Everytime I delivered my work to Snowdon Clothing I would enjoy at least one day on the hill :)
When my mother died it was to these hills I ran for time alone to get my head together - a week soloing around the tops and the mountains worked their magic and I was in a fit state to face "civilization" :)
Thanks for the memories that your photos stirred up :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE