BG again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Its got to be mentioned.
Yes once again starved as I am for survival visuals, I tuned into Grylls and will never get that hour of my life back.
1. Why does he have to sit outside the chopper?
2. Again he uses a rock to batton his knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Tarzan swings over a crevass to slam into the rock face??????
4. Jumping off a cliff into untold shallows and jutting up rocks, no the rock on the vine proved very little.
5. He killed a boa to feed himself, possibly the crew then was still hungry enough to eat a whip scorpion................... I'm speachless.
This guy is the fool of the TV world, in my book and should be told not to produce rubbish like he does.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I guess that puts you firmly in Mr Mears camp then!!! lol

All of his stunts aside he is actually a nice guy I dont watch him but I have met him.
Just incase you ask no I didnt get his autograph!!

D

Deleted dude 7861

Its got to be mentioned.
Yes once again starved as I am for survival visuals, I tuned into Grylls and will never get that hour of my life back.
1. Why does he have to sit outside the chopper?
2. Again he uses a rock to batton his knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Tarzan swings over a crevass to slam into the rock face??????
4. Jumping off a cliff into untold shallows and jutting up rocks, no the rock on the vine proved very little.
5. He killed a boa to feed himself, possibly the crew then was still hungry enough to eat a whip scorpion................... I'm speachless.
This guy is the fool of the TV world, in my book and should be told not to produce rubbish like he does.

:lmao::lmao:If you had the chance you wouldn't sit outside the chopper? I would :D
It's all a bit of fun and should be taken that way, pure entertainment and after all we have plenty of tv channels to turn to or even the power button ;) Personally I think he's mad in a good way but lets not start another discussion on BG vs RM...........:rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I keep two emergency forks by the chair just in case the remote emergegncy channel hop fails

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's sensationalist TV. We are the minority. That's why Jade is now a national hero. Down with Nelson, pooh to Churchill, up with Jade!!!

Edward 'Teddy' Grylls is actually a decent guy, It's the producers that pay him stupid amounts of cash and write every episode for the masses that need to be shot, not him. I'd do it too if I got to visit the places he does and got paid that amount. It's also the survival 'experts' that advise on the show that need spooning to death for giving out crappy advice that is sure to seal your doom if you land up in such a situation and adhere to their less than wise words :censored: .

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I watched it last night and I thought it was great fun. Seriously. No irony or anything.
Come on, guys - you don't really think that anyone interested in bushcraft or survival watches Bear for hints and tips, do you? It's watched for enjoyment, escapism, titilation, and just entertainment. Stop taking Bear (and yourselves!) too seriously.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
BG is almost as entertaining as these threads.Which is what it's meant to be.ENTERTAINMENT.

MancsMan

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2008
Manchester
I'm just wondering how many would find it "just for" entertainment if in the darkest greenery of the far east the maniacal BG, snatched a cuddly puppy out of the undergrowth, bashed its cute trusting head against a tree and proceeded to have a haunch of puppy for tea, all done in the best traditions of a take what you need mentality...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE