Best cheese in the world

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I just bought this:

210505_Extra-Mature---TV-ad-pack-shot-web.jpg

Any comments?
I tried a piece and like it. We don´t have much to choose, didn´t fancy going all the way to a big supermarket where the probably have more to choose from.
Nice, tasty.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I just bought this:

210505_Extra-Mature---TV-ad-pack-shot-web.jpg

Any comments?
I tried a piece and like it. We don´t have much to choose, didn´t fancy going all the way to a big supermarket where the probably have more to choose from.

That's our standard 'always got some' cheddar - I really like it especially with a nice sweet apple. In fact, we picked some up today. We can pay a lot less for cheese labelled as cheddar that is 'claggy' and too mild, and we can pay a lot more for aged cheddar but that doesn't guarantee quality. There are loads of small farm cheddars throughout Britain that are an adventure to hunt down and try :)

Reactions: Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Maybe take the top 20 cheese varieties and pick the best of the best in each.
Canadian versions of many European cheeses are poor. They try but just never make the cut.

Aged cheddar from any one of a number of producers in western Canada can be held up with any other cheddar on earth.

For 60+ years, USask has had huge university research laboratories dedicated to cheddar cheese research. Stacked and stickered in big vats, riddles with 3/4" holes, wine soaked for 6 months certainly does no harm except to your bank account.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Sitting on the train and had some sandwiches with me; filled with the cheddar I bought and german Schwartzwald-ham. That ham is dried and lightly smoked. Great combination. Neither of the fillings overwhelmed the other, both strong taste.

Reactions: CLEM and Broch

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sitting on the train and had some sandwiches with me; filled with the cheddar I bought and german Schwartzwald-ham. That ham is dried and lightly smoked. Great combination. Neither of the fillings overwhelmed the other, both strong taste.
Isn't it a quiet satisfied kind of pleasure when you get that mix just right ? :)

That cheddar is lovely on a sandwich (fresh though, just before you eat it) with thin slices of apple too, and it's robust enough to be good with a Ploughman's Lunch with a decent chutney as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE