Beach camp south east Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I recently came back for a weekend beach camp a few miles north of St abbs head(south east Scotland,a review of which i posted in out and about section, i mentioned the possibilty of a future meet up there and there was some interest shown, im posting here to see if anyone would like to join me in another weekend there possibly in July sometime? Realistically looking at no more than 8-10 people max,due to the space availible thats flat and rock free, please either post here or pm me if interested and we can sort out dates etc.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yes please Andy, count me in for this one buddy

EDIT:

Depending on date though as we usually take our hols end of July/August time

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Okay, that weekend 3rd-5th of July it is, once anyone who wants to go has made up there mind, can they let me know and i can sort out some parking space's and a meet up time,plus answer any questions anyone has.

cheers.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im not myself, what i would say is if you bring them watch out for them getting ticks, when i was coming back last weekend there's one part of the cliff where you have to squeeze past a bush on one side and long grass on the other,i got a black legged deer tick (adult female) on my hand when i put my hand down to steady myself, i was back there again today and in the same place again on the way back up i had a tick nymph on my trouser leg(i assume they are abundant here due to large number of deer in the area, and the part of the cliff in question is a bit of a bottle neck that you need to squeeze through) whilst they are easily spotted on people(i check myself for them once down at beach where they cant survive and once back up top on the short grass sheep grazing land) they would be harder to spot on a dog.

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
i'll have to get in on that this time andy, especially after seeing those pictures! make sure i get sorted this time, bit of trouble with money at the moment, having to look for a new job unfortunately but i should have something sorted soon. too good to miss!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Dan hope you can make it, if this weather continues will need sunblock on whilst there, i was only there about an hour today, and my wrists are bright red were i had my shirt sleeve's rolled up.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Good old Galashiels i used to live a few miles north in Crookston just near Heriot,used to do me shopping in Gala,I always (when lived in the area) wanted to do the Galashiels to Ayr walk that no11 Scottish Commando did for weeding out recruits back in the early forties they slept rough in fields and hedgerows along the way and had a limited time to do it in, but alas never got round to it and im going way off topic,hope you can make it, i will pm you my Address/number nearer the time to arrange meet up etc.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Just a update, i spoke to a local Ranger for the area and asked about parking some cars for a few nights up near St abbs and she didnt see it as a problem(told her what and where we'd be going doing) im going to phone her office and check with the boss to confirm,this would knock 45mins off the walk in time.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers to the guys who've responded so far to my PM'S if any one has any questions ask away, as for set off times i was thinking of sometime in the afternoon of the Friday if this suits?
Andy.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Stoo, the 3 o clock set off from here is fine we'd be there just gone four, and its not dark till gone 10pm by then, plenty of time to set up,collect wood etc, we could be flexible really.

To all those going, i will pm you again a couple of weeks before to make sure everythings still on etc, and i will check out the weather report for the area nearer the time,fingers crossed for sun/calm blue sea's! the main load is going to be water, the stream running down from the cliffs above is pretty much dried up this time of year,plus its a run off from farm land, there is another spring at the top of the cliff but again dont know the water quality, i will take and stash some water before hand also.
Andy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE