Beach camp south east Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
For Rich and Stoo,

this pic shows the room either side of my tent to pitch and at rear the grass area,which can also be used.

beachcampmatt141.jpg

and this shows my tent, and the amount of other space further up

beachimmage.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Regarding sent Pm's we may even be able to drive through to cliff's to drop off kit,then park back at my Friends house bordering Farm land,im going to check out the suitability of this in the next couple of weeks, it would help in dropping off the heavy stuff,eg maybe some coal, water etc.Can those going confirm in the next few weeks.
cheers Andy.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi Andy

Tony (peterlee_paddler) mentioned this to me today whilst organising a canoe trip. Is there room for one little one!! (well more medium to large really..lol) id travel up to Tonys then leave my car there more likley so we would only have one car to park. I know its late so it the numbers are tight its not a problem. Mine is only a small one man backpacking tent and if it was really fine I would not uses it most likely. Please pm me to let me know.

Many thanks

Andy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Pm reply sent, need to sort out a meet up time soon for everyone(which suits)

Edit, if anyone wants to bring snorkelling gear feel free im thinking of taking mine now as i dont have to carry it for miles, theres some great rocky channels which may hold a crab or lobster you never know!

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Might bring a fishing rod!!

My Mum says I can only snorkel in warm cystal clear water with pretty coloured fish!!!...lol

Besides I dont like crab!!! though Lobster is ok.

Andy

I have messaged Shewie.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Andy, theres defo fish there ive seen them (whilst snorkeling a mile or so further south,and last time i camped there i saw a seal tucking into a big old fish he'd just caught)
catching them ourselves though is another story!

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Andybysea, I will be able to make it afterall :)
Ideally I'd like to take the Friday off work, but I'm starting a new job on Monday so I dunno if I'd be entitied to a lieu day by then. I reckon I can swing it though, otherwise it'd mean arriving for about 8pm.
Still plenty time to set up camp but I don't want to cause probs with getting parked.

Cheers. (PM sent, btw).

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Peterlee_paddler(Tony) pm replied to,Maybe a half day Tony? we dont really need to rush there on the Fri, i was thinking around 4pm from here? be down at bay by 5pm. Scoman shouldnt be a problem, pm me any questions.Im going to go down on the Thursday and set up a fire area,sort out some drift wood seating,stash some extra fuel and water etc.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Can i make a suggestion to those attending to bring either a pair of wellies or if you have them the rubber type sandles etc, there are quite a few rock pools,caves,tunnels etc worth having a look round, especially when the tide goes out gives us a few more options.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Heres a map pic of area, the green line was my old route to Lumsdaine shore, the blue line is my(our trip route)new route which im going to go do next week (when back from Cairngorms) to get times sorted and posted,the red dot is where ive been very kindly been granted permission to park.

and here's a close up of the bay we will be at, you can access the whole area,camping area is the bottom right of page

map images removed after some advice.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
It looks like a great spot. Hopefully the weather will be kind should get a stuning sunrise from there. Andy it looks like Shewie , Tony and me will be coming up in one car. hopefully will ease the parking worries. Looking forward to this . Thanks for sorting.

Andy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Fingers crossed indeed for the weather, im going to tempt fate and say it doesnt really rain that often here(famous last words!) so hopefully it will be fine, more often than not its windy rather than rainy,especially on the cliff tops but once down the cliff your well sheltered, will report final details next week when ive done a dry run in from new start out point, times and piccies.Scrogger if you do bring your fishing rod those rock stacks that go out to sea(bottom map pic) would make a ideal cast point at low tide you can walk right out on them, my brother and i went out about 100yrds on them looking for rock pool critters when we stayed there.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I know Tony is bringing his rod etc and I have a small telescopic not done much sea fishing so I am keen to pick up a few tips. The shorter walk in looks a bit better too means I might just be able to manage a bottle of something!!! to go with the fish I might catch and then who cares about the fish!! lol

Is there ususally plenty of driftwood for a fire or shall I bring a bag of logs?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
There is drift wood on the beach, although i did burn alot when i was there,but still lots left, im also taking some and dropping it off on the Thursday. I to will be bringing a bottle of something purely for medicinal purposes.As for the shorter walk not only is it about a quarter of the distance its on flat ground the long way is up and down some rather high cliff edges!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Just got back from Lumsdaine Shore, i went to the Park up area, and timed the walk in to the Gate at the top of the Cliffs, it took me 12 minutes, i also spoke to the Person on who's land we can park, and was showed where to leave the Vehicles, this is a secure area in gated farm property.We can also drop off any heavy kit(extra water,logs, coal, etc) at the Half way walk in spot,go back and park up ,then walk back and pick it up meaning its only got to be carried for about 6mins to get to the gate down to the Beach.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just checking in on this one chaps.

Scrogger can you give me shout about your plans for Friday mate, at the moment I'm working in the morning but I'll be ready for setting off about 11:45.

Looking forward to it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE