Beach camp south east Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
One more thing .... :rolleyes:

I'll bring a nasty B&Q cheapy axe with a convex edge which will make short work of splitting the logs.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Rich, re making a tarp shelter where old shelter is ,yep, id forgot about that,should be able to rig something up there no problem.I will go stick some extra cord in my bag.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Thats me packed Off to water the allotment at 8pm then coming back via Tesco, if anyone want anything picking up let me know and ill grab it while im there. I need some pitta breads and chorizo or pepperami and cheese etc for lunch on Saturday.

Ill check back here after I have had my Tea.

Weather does look ok.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hello just back from beach well to say the vegetation has grown is a understatement,its chest height in parts, mostly ferns, YES there is a outside tap we can use at farm house,if you want to fill up there rather than at home, it was a fantastic evening but there is rain predicted for the weekend, typical not rained here for ages.there is some drift wood scattered about (some big train sleeper type pieces) didnt have a good look though.

pic 1 the way down

thurbeach001.jpg

pic 2 looking north down at beach

thurbeach006.jpg

pic 3 looking south
thurbeach010.jpg

the seating area, theres another big plank on wood down there to make another seat.

thurbeach005.jpg

see you tommorrow .

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Andy (Scrogger), I'm sure I can find my other 15L carrier should you want/need it.
As for fishing, after looking at the photo of the shoreline, I reckon we might have trouble getting a long enough cast for mackerel spinning? Bring some silver/bright spinners anyway.
Cheers (must start packing now) :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers, Shewie,Scrogger,peterlee-paddler,and stooboy, im going to put up a few pics in out and about if anyone wants to post any up, had a good time although it got rather hot Saturday.

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Hi all.
Hot indeed it was! First ever Summer trip for me whereby I haven't packed some shorts and thin T-shirt. Trousers and microfibre fleece top made for a rather clammy outing, but what lovely weather in beautiful surroundings. Reminded me of my childhood spent along the N.E. England coast, albeit with higher cliffs.
Thanks for organising it Andy.

Cheers.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Cracking venue was lovely to sit round the fire and have a natter whilst watching little fishing boats out at sea and the stars slowly coming into view.

Sorry I had to call it short guys but once I got home im glad I did I think I would have been on edge all the time had I not gone with my gut instinct.

It was great to meet you all and will be looking forward to another trip of some kind in the near future.

Thanks for organising it Andy.

I still keep chuckling to myself about early Saturday morning!!

"my ******* coveralls were on that box!!"

Did you keep the scrap as a momento?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Please stop reminding me of my coveralls, even though id known them but a short time id come to love them. I left the scrap there as a reminder.(All 2 inches of it).

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I can join you Andy but only on a weekend. First weekend in August or any weekend after that (maybe not the English BH weekend, though) is doable for Pettico Wick for me, btw.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE