BCB crusader cooking system 2011 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Maybe 'C' stands for commercial?? I got one from lurch recently and on the packaging it said it was made in the UK, no where on the cup tho.
If BCB are going to start making aluminum cups i imagine they won't be as popular. Looks like they actually redesigned the cup!
I wonder if they plan to make SS bottles at any point or do what nalgene did to the US canteen - probably not.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The earlier one (with the longer NSN is more likely a real one. The CN number doesn't have the proper numbering system. They're likely fakes as those aren't true NSNs.

The first 4 numbers (in this case 8465) is the stock class and the further numbers do more to divide the item within the class.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If China is making them, then C may well stand for civilian as no military contractor would outsource to China for our forces version. Politically that would be really daft.

Wigate

Forager
Nov 19, 2006
Hong Kong
Jonathan D you do have a point ref the issue of outsourcing MoD items to third countries. Current MoD issue uniforms are made in China even those MTP Uniforms. US would never allow this happening to their military issued items.

I checked the CrusaderI got from Ray Mears store and it does have 'CN' on it. its like one of the mugs that Diamond Dave has.Finishing does look different from from my 2006 mugs which does not have the 'CN' markings. Now, internationally 'CN' does denote China however if this applies to BCB Crusader mugs as I am led to believe does, that means they are producing their latest mugs overseas.

topknot, thank you for allowing this discussion on your thread. Your Arunfabs marked Crusader mug should have 2003 marked on it. That is the most common year for Arunfabs and Kevin at Endicotts was the one who told me the superior finish and quality of these Arunfabs mugs. I hunted them till I found one marked 2003 and the more rare 2004 year. Certainly they are still in the hands of troops so its not so common to find. Also, BCB had more years of contracts with MoD so it's easier to find those.

All the Crusader mugs I mentioned above are stainless steel finish. I love my stainless steel mugs though I have a few Teflon coated ones.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Jonathan D you do have a point ref the issue of outsourcing MoD items to third countries. Current MoD issue uniforms are made in China even those MTP Uniforms. US would never allow this happening to their military issued items.....

Wanna bet? Back in 2001 the Army was about to buy 600,000 black berets with "Made in China" actually on their labels. Word leaked and as JD said, the political ramifications caused some quick back-peddling.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
The cup i got is stamped on the front with Arunfabs ltd about 20 mm up from the 0.5 make. On the inside of the cup you can see where it was pressed if this was done hot or cold ?.

No prob's Wigate, this is getting interesting with these cups.

Topknot

Morning Topknot, can you tell us what the serial number is on the Arunfab cup?

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Morning Topknot, can you tell us what the serial number is on the Arunfab cup?

That give he something to do this morning, clean my cup so i can read the numbers. I brought the cup from a stall at the seconded WG .

NSN 721 - 3131
ARUNFABS LTD
/|\ with a MOD stamped arrow.

Hope this help you out Dave.

Cheers Andy.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
That give he something to do this morning, clean my cup so i can read the numbers. I brought the cup from a stall at the seconded WG .

NSN 721 - 3131
ARUNFABS LTD
/|\ with a MOD stamped arrow.

Hope this help you out Dave.

Cheers Andy.

That is brilliant Andy, thanks very much. It would appear that the CN designation in the numbers on mine are to confirm that they are Chinese as the other numbers are the same.

Wigate

Forager
Nov 19, 2006
Hong Kong
Topknot, both my 2003 & 2004 marked Arunfabs Crusader mugs have the same NSN numbers as yours.

santaman, I shall be glad to send you pictures of the labels on latest issue MTP shirt and pants showing the actual 'made in China' label. I was surprised to see that on a personal uniform given to troops.

Wishing you all A Very Happy and Successful 2013!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE