FlexiStove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I've had one for ages and have yet to use it. At least partially because it lacks away so conveniently that I invariably come across something else to cook on first!

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Using zip fire starters the ones that are rolled up wood shavings coated in a acceleration solution

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Companies House categorises Flexistove as a dormant company at the moment, but there seems to have been a change in the registered office address in the last week, so it is possible that movement is afoot.

Reactions: The Frightful

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
Thanks ozmundo, emailed and got this response from Peter Ellis;

The batch of FlexiStoves for sale at MREmpire were escapees from a military procurement trials programme. Sadly the product did not move forward, not for any functional reason as they work well, but instead due to wider defence cost cutting activities. After this a programme to make the stove available to the public was started, but became badly interrupted by covid. However efforts are now being made to get this back on track again with supply chain development work underway. We're looking at a retail product being available around the autumn time - so please bear with us! If you would like to be kept up to date please let me know and I'll add you to our (completely private) mailing list. Happy to chat at: hello@flexistove.com

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Thanks ozmundo, emailed and got this response from Peter Ellis;

The batch of FlexiStoves for sale at MREmpire were escapees from a military procurement trials programme. Sadly the product did not move forward, not for any functional reason as they work well, but instead due to wider defence cost cutting activities. After this a programme to make the stove available to the public was started, but became badly interrupted by covid. However efforts are now being made to get this back on track again with supply chain development work underway. We're looking at a retail product being available around the autumn time - so please bear with us! If you would like to be kept up to date please let me know and I'll add you to our (completely private) mailing list. Happy to chat at: hello@flexistove.com
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed. :)

Reactions: The Frightful

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Flexistove have just sent out an update with proposed availability in mid to late February 2024. They have an option to sign up to reserve on their website conversion to payment and pre-orders to happen later.

I have not addrd a direct link as I am not associated with them but I think it’s an interesting product.

Reactions: CLEM

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Further update.

The company took longer getting affordable production site than they expected.

Given the increase in commercial rent I’m not surprised.

It sounds like they are ready to start making the product soon and a further update is promised.

Below is supposition on my part.

I don’t known what goes into making the stoves but I imagine: label and packaging printing; fabric lamination of some kind?; pressing and cutting; sewing; packing and shipping. I assume a small industrial unit.

Therefore my guess is once they are running they will produce them fairly quickly …. if the supply chain is smooth. ;)

Reactions: CLEM

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Been out with my Flexi stove today got the water hot enough for coffee but not a rolling boil , photo in out and about

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE