Basic Campcraft Weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'll be there Saturday morning, hopefuly about 9ish.

I have "borrowed" some potassium permanganate and glycerol for fire lighting as well.

Weather looks promising with temperature (with wind chill) hovering at about freezing during the day and dopping to -8c at night. 60% chance of snow on Saturday night too!

Looking forward to it.

Simon

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The last person I shared the van with snored like a water buffalo........

I ended up sat by the fire all night...
fireside.gif

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
And your artwork looks great Firecrest! - the Venice ones are my favorites - alas no money :(

My wife used to sell Phoenix cards - many a happy (?) hour spent sitting in cold stalls selling nowt. A grand total of exactly £0 was our worst score. Good luck with yours!

Hope the folk going don't freeze too much!

Cheers,
Steve

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
"Jack it in"

Not the painting surely? But the sitting at stalls I could understand. It can be a thankless task sitting in a booth you've paid for not making the stall-price back.

Cheers,
Steve

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Linz, I know it was tongue in cheek, but someone suggested bushcrafty themes for future work....

Could you do commission style work from photos, or is that not your bag?

If you could, folks could choose their favourite photo (copyright issues shouldn't apply if they own the original) and you work your magic based on the photo?

I know my pastel work from Middlewood draws many comments...

Alternatively, go to as many Meets as possible and affer your artistic services to folk there...paint / draw / sketch their tarp / hammock / tepee / cook set.

Just a thought as it would be a shame to see you pack it in!

Simon

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
no no, I didnt mean pack in the painting! That would be impossible, it must be a kind of painting tourettes Im not able to stop doing it just like that. I meant the stall, dont see no point in spending money travelling there each week if it just causes me to lose money.
Yes bushy themed art *scratches chin* I have a couple of things on the go. see how it flies when Im done ;)

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Thanks for that gray and good to a name to a face, i had agreat time and the cold weather made it more of a challenge,

heres some pics

Barney wayland and gray
015-1.jpg

me
011-1.jpg

singeblister
004.jpg

019-1.jpg

simon m
006-2.jpg

I hope wayland puts up the pic of the tent he did on here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE