Aspen 4T GB interest ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just seeing if there's any interest in a group buy for Aspen 4T.

I've just found out there's a supplier right on my doorstep so I've made some enquiries today. All I can say is there's a minimum order of 30L in 6 x 5L containers, I'm just waiting on a price for this so I'll let you know soonest.

I'm not sure how I'd get it to you as I think Royal Mail have policies regarding handling flammable liquids, I'll check this though.

So if anyone wants a litre or two or five, you know what to do ....

Shewie 3L

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hi Shewie have you tried this ? if so stop here and carry on. But if not I've some you can have to try, as I wasn't impressed. It's still petrol for running engines with addatives for the engine and I (My opinion) don't like it in stoves no where near as clean as Panel wipe.:pokenest:
just my 2p
cheers Danny

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No Danny I've not tried it yet but I've heard good things about it. I'll try and get myself over to yours one day with Ed for a bimble out somwhere.

I was looking for something else on the web when I came across the suppliers so just thought I'd ask.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I use it, and like it so would be interestd in a GB. I do live in Brighton so would have to suss delivery.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rich, you would need to ship it by courier mate. Dan, its pure stuff mate, its purer than PW (I use both with no problems), its at the top end of the petrol chain.

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/environment-Alkylate-Petrol

The only reason I still use PW is availability of 4T as my local (20 mile away) stockist carries stock on a limited basis. Alkylate petrol is pretty much fuel of choice in Scandanavia I'm told.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Okay I got some figures back from the supplier ...

As mentioned in previous email, we supply Aspen Ready-Mixed fuel in packs of 3 x 5 litre containers with a minimum order of 2 packs (30 litres).
Delivery is normally 2 - 3 days

Pricing is as follows:

2-stroke
£36.60 +VAT per pack of 3 x 5 litre containers.

4-stroke
£35.91 +VAT per pack of 3 x 5 litre containers.

Delivery
£20.00 +VAT for any quantity up to 17 packs of 3 x 5 litre containers.
Free delivery on higher volumes.

We can send a mixed delivery of 2 and 4-stroke, but it would have to be multiples of 3x5L packs.

So looking at 4T, we need a minimum order of two packs at £35.91

2 x £35.91 = £71.82 + VAT

Roughly £83 or £2.80 per litre, is that reasonable Richard ?

I'll look at couriers tomorrow

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I could do with something other than paraffin in my Nova as it seems t be running a bit poo on it! It does the job, I'd just rather clean benzine type fuel.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sounds good Rich, try and find a courier cost as I would be interested in 10 litres myself mate :)

I spoke to a bloke called Mike IIRC, nice fella.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Does anybody know of any cheap suitable containers I can ship it in ?

Also what does a litre of liquid weigh ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
1 litre = 1 kilo

Rich it comes in 5 litre containers so just ship them in those? or are you splitting into smaller amounts?

Yeah I will do Richard but I was thinking for other folk who might want smaller amounts too. Do you know a couriers who will carry flammables, the usual suspects seem to have policies against it, have any of your stovie mates used anyone lately ?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Does anybody know of any cheap suitable containers I can ship it in ?

Also what does a litre of liquid weigh ?
Petrol has lower specific gravity than water so weighs less.
So one litre of petrol weighs 730 grams (at room temp)

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Rich, you would need to ship it by courier mate. Dan, its pure stuff mate, its purer than PW (I use both with no problems), its at the top end of the petrol chain.

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/environment-Alkylate-Petrol

The only reason I still use PW is availability of 4T as my local (20 mile away) stockist carries stock on a limited basis. Alkylate petrol is pretty much fuel of choice in Scandanavia I'm told.

From the link above :-
The alkylate is then mixed with a number of other components and we now have a finished product, ready to be used in most small engines.

It's still for running engines so has addatives and is not purer as you put it than panel wipe which is pure naptha for degreasing so the last thing it wants is any addatives i.e. anti-knock,bore clean detergents,valve seat cushion etc. I bet an engine wouldn't run long on panel wipe in fact I run my peacock hand warmer and imco lighter on panel wipe and wouldn't dream of running them on 4t or car petrol
So yes it's better than ordinary car petrol but not as good as coleman fuel which is just an expensive way of selling panel wipe and I have tried it, still got some but my opinion, it's green eco marketing ploy :pokenest:
just my opinion and not to put any one off
thanks for your time Danny

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Do you know of any cooperative couriers Richard ?

I had a bit of a look around the main ones this afternoon but they were all coming back as negative.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Rich bought panel wipe on line I think he said to me.
I would be interested too price dependent. I found an aspen supplier (according to the manufacturer)who had no idea what I was talking about!
D

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, is there just one type of panel wipe? has anyone got a type /un no please. coleman fuel is petroleum spirit un 1271 lighter fluid is un1268. i did try to find some t4 but had problems finding someone close:( when i popped in to our local paint shop with the above numbers he had something close but i was a bit unsure and didnt want to blow-up my new stove / garage:). thanks carl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE