Multi Coloured 550 paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
[size=+2]This group buy is now closed - sorry if you missed out and thanks to all who took part. Thanks also to Joe from 5*Cord for all his efforts in supporting this.[/size]

I've contacted 5*cord (who replied to me at 11pm on Easter Sunday :D) and they are happy to run the group buy. I was going to do the leg work myself, but they're happy to do it for me so I think I got off lightly!

Other people on BB have dealt with this supplier before and comments have been very favourable.

First - the rules:
1) A minimum of 10 people are needed for the group buy to run
2) The paracord must be purchased in 50ft or 100ft batches but can be divided into increments of 10ft lengths. (i.e. you must buy either 50ft or 100ft but it can be 10ft each of five different colours, or a 20ft length of one colour and a 30ft length of another, a 50ft length of just one colour or whatever.) For those of you who think metrically 50ft is a little over 15m and 10ft is a little over 3m.
3) Once we are ready to start buying 5*cord will issue us with a 'promo' code to use for the group buy. This code will only be valid for 5 days
4) Once the code is issued anyone who wants can place an order directly on 5*cord's website:

To place the order via the website.

-Select the option of cheque/postal order

-there is a notes section where you can include the following note:

I am a member of the Bushcraftuk forum. I would like to place this order and receive the group buy pricing. I would like to pay via (choose one) paypal/visa/mastercard/postal order. Please reply with the total amount due. (The total due will be adjusted and will not reflect the price on the site at time of checkout.)

If payment is by paypal then 5*cord will simply send you an invoice via paypal for the amount due.

Once the code expires, the group buy is over. All orders will be processed and shipped out on the same day.

5*cord also mentioned in the email that if anyone also wants to order some lanyard parts or any other accessories that these can be included with no additional shipping costs.

Second - the cost:

If you are buying mixed colours:
50ft = £9.00 *including* postage
100ft = £14.00 *including* postage

For neon pink or green you need to add 2p per foot

If you are buying a single colour:
50ft = £8.00 *including* postage
100ft = £12.00 *including* postage

For single colour lengths there is no additional charge for neon colours (sorry, I got that wrong originally)

And finally - the products:

550&
- Blaze Orange

Burgandy.jpg
- Burgundy / Maroon

Brown.jpg
- Chocolate / Brown

CoyoteBrown.jpg
- Coyote Brown

DesertCamo.jpg
- Desert Camo

DigitalCamo.jpg
- Digital Camo

Silver-Grey.jpg
- Grey / Silver

HorizonBlue.jpg
- Horizon Blue

InfernoRed.jpg
- Inferno Red

KellyGreen.jpg
- Kelly Green

Khaki.jpg
- Khaki / Tan

Multi-Cam.jpg
- Multi Cam

OliveDrab.jpg
- Olive Drab

Olive-Black-Tracer.jpg
- Olive Drab with black tracer

Black.jpg
- Pitch Black

Please note last two are 2p per foot more expensive unless you buy them in 50ft or 100ft lengths!

NeonPink.jpg
- Neon Pink

NeonGreen.jpg
- Toxic (neon) Green

To make sure we have the ten minimum required to run this buy can I please ask for ten definite buyers to reply on this thread. Once we have the minimum ten then there is no need to post your interest as we don't need "the list"...

Once we have that I'll contact 5*cord for the code and post it here.

*phew* that was a lot of typing :D

Any questions, please post them in the thread and I'll get back to you.

Countdown to group buy being 'a goer'
10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 more to go...

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Sparkplug,
That's a lot of typing, I've not come across this company before and was wondering if the paracord is the 7 strand 550?

I'll definately be buying if it is.
thanks for putting this together

ATB

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Moab , I bought some from the guy the other day , what i recieved is def 7 strand 550 cord, i have no reason to doubt the rest won't be either.

HTH

Sparkplug, I will be in once i decide what colours i want. Cheers

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Hi Moab,

From their website:
5 star cord website said:
550 cord (Type III) has a core of normally 6-8 strands depending upon the manufacturer. The most common is a 7 core which is what we stock. Normally comes in military/drab colours. But we tend to stock some of the brighter colours as well.

So it sounds like a 'yes' - but I'll double check that this is true on all colours

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yes please Sparky, do you need to know what and how much i want now ?,

If so, a 100ft of olive drab,

Thanks for organising, Rob

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Teedee/Sparkplug,
thanks, sounds spot on; I'll be in the group buy.
thanks

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Yes please Sparky, do you need to know what and how much i want now ?

Nope! - I just need to know that at least ten people will definitely buy something. Colours / quantities / length etc is for you to decide when you place your order directly with them.

don't do it until we have the all important discount code though :D

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Appears to be a good site if you want small quantities or a mixture of colours. Another consideration is http://www.supplycaptain.com a US based company. They supply all the colours listed and are cheaper if you want several colours in 100ft lengths.
I recently ordered 5 colours in 100ft lengths at $7-00 per length. The postage was 1st class international with a 4lb limit and cost $11-40. Total price $46-40. On current exchange rates that came to £31-00 or just over £5-00 per 100 ft length. Worth thinking about if there are several people who could get together with their requirements. It's genuine 550 paracord and there is no premium payment for fluro colours.
No connection with the company just a satisfied customer

Dave

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Thanks Dave, I think my brain will snap if I try to co-ordinate that too! I'd suggest individuals who want to try that out just do so themselves....

Just out of interest, where you charged any import duty?

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Just had confirmation that all colours are definitely 7 strand 550 cord :)

I also was corrected - the 2p per foot surcharge on neon colours only applies if you are buying a mix of colours (i.e. multiples of 10ft). If you buy 50ft or 100ft of neon there is no surcharge.

5*cord also confirmed that any additional accessories can be ordered with no additional shipping costs.

I've updated the original post.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 more to go...

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
sparkplug Thanks Dave, I think my brain will snap if I try to co-ordinate that too! I'd suggest individuals who want to try that out just do so themselves....

Just out of interest, where you charged any import duty

No import duty charged

Dave

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Me too please.

Cheers,

KP

10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict

Bri30

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2007
Chester Le Street
Me too please

Thanks for sorting this Sparkplug

10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict
4 = Bri30

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
For some reason i have been omitted??

So.
10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict
4 = Bri30
3= TeeDee ( Who do I have to kill to get served around here??? )

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Me too!

10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict
4 = Bri30
3= TeeDee
2= MikeE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE