Birch bark container, knives & knapped items for sale.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Having another clearout.

All prices include postage & paypal fees.

Birch bark container - £30

This is a beautiful piece of work.

It's two containers in one. One one end, the cap reads 'Socker' and the other reads 'Kaffe'. I presume this is Swedish for Sugar & Coffee. Sadly, I don't take lots of sugar and coffee away with me so this has never been used. I would love to use it but I don't think I would give it it's best!

It measures 14.3cm long, 10cm at it's larger axis and 9cm along it's short axis.

DSCN2874.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2876.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

DSCN2878.jpg

DSCN2879.jpg

Japanese knife - £40

I was given this knife a long time back and didn't use it as I assumed it was a 'cheapy' and is not the style I would normally use. When I did use it, I was pleasantly surprised. The blade is pretty good and holds it's edge very well. Blade is pattern welded / takefu suminagashi but I don't know what the steels are. Guard is metal and the handle is Oak. I think the sheath lets it down personally.

27.5cm from end of the handle to the bottom of the sheath.
Blade is 12cm from tip to ricasso, handle is 12cm from guard to end of handle.

DSCN2880.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

Bark River Knife & Tool Highland Special - £50

I recently found this one in a grab-bag. I bought it just before my North Star but when I bought the NS, this one got relegated to 'emergency use' so has lived in a rucksack, unused for a year or more! There's nothing wrong with this knife but I have favourites I would now grab when needed.

If this doesn't sell, I'm going to cut the blade down and grind the tang down to make a street-legal friction folder. I would rather buy a more suitable blade though.

Handle is Black micarta.
Blade is convex ground A2, 3 3/4" tip to ricasso. It's 1/8" thick and 7 3/4" long overall. Pancake sheath is usable by both left & right handers....

DSCN2882.jpg

DSCN2883.jpg

Next a few bits of knapping that I've had for some time with the intention of handling. (non of the knapping is my work)

Obsidian 'arrow' - £15
3 3/4" long & 1 1/4" at it's widest. This piece is translucent in places.

DSCN2868.jpg

DSCN2869.jpg

Obsidian 'spear head' - £20
5 1/4" long & 1 1/2" at it's widest.

DSCN2870.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

Obsidian 'blank' - £10
Black Obsidian preformed knife blank ready for knapping.
4 1/2" long, 7/8" wide, 1/4" thick.

I'll add a carved & dyed bone that I had intended as it's handle.

DSCN2872.jpg

DSCN2873.jpg

Small agate arrow heads - £4 each
The longest is 1 3/4", shortest is 1 1/2"
DSCN2884.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE