What storage bottle for Aspen 4T

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 10, 2010
Plymouth
I have just got my hands on 5 litres of Aspen 4T for use with my coleman stove and lantern.

Now I am at a loss at what to use to carry some of the fuel with me, as I obviously don't want to be lumping 5 litres of it around.

I was planning on purchasing a 1 litre container of it first, so I could decant fuel into it once empty, in the knowledge that the plastic bottle was safe to use as it was designed for that purpose. Unfortunately though, my supplier is out of stock of the 1 litre bottles and doesn't intend on ordering anymore until he has sold all of his 5 litre containers.

Can anyone suggest any suitable containers, that are safe for use with Aspen 4T/Coleman fuel (pressure etc), will hold around a litre of fuel and pour easily?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Weesi

Forager
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland
You can pick up an extruded metal MSR bottle for about a tenner mate.
You've got thee trangia bottle too but it's made from plastic.
It's got an easy pour valve :)
The trangia one is designed for meths so not sure if it's good for petrol...
Someone else might be able to tell you bout that one cause I've not got the Trangia.

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used a plain old silver Sigg bottle for many years with my petrol stoves, I had a pourer cap too which helped a lot.
I presume they're still available as well as the multicoloured water bottles they do now ?

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Just be carefull of the cheaper sigg copies made for drinking fluids. They cant take the pressure captin!

Used to use Aspen fuel in chainsaws at work. Env friendly, more powerfull and smelt lovely.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used a plain old silver Sigg bottle for many years with my petrol stoves, I had a pourer cap too which helped a lot.
I presume they're still available as well as the multicoloured water bottles they do now ?

Having done a bit of looking tonight it seems Sigg don't make the fuel bottles anymore, MSR and Primus do though.

Jan 10, 2010
Plymouth
Thanks for your help guys, the mrs managed to pick me up a 20fl. oz MSR bottle in Soccer Sports (of all places) today, which was reduced to £5.99, so problem solved.

Thought I would add for anyone local, that I managed to get my Aspen 4T at J & M Garden Machinery, Tamar View Nurseries, Carkeel, Saltash. Paid £13.89 for 5 lites and the guy in there also said he would be happy to puchase 1 litre bottles, if he got enough interest. Just incase anyone local were struggling to find a supplier.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE