Water - the heaviest necessity... How much is needed!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The water ration for the 8th Army in the Western Desert was 1 gallon (4.5) litres per day. Of course the beer is ice cold in Alex :)

Sep 9, 2012
sussex
Hi rich i have walked the southdowns way from the west to jack and jill and there are some drinkibg water taps that are listed on the southdowns way web site. The only one that i found that did not work was by the river adur .

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
This has been covered very well in a previous thread by Shambling Shaman on 30/06/2010. It might be worth a search (hydration). It's a perennial problem and if, like me, you've suffered fom bad dehydration despite carrying 2 litres and finding an expected spring had dried up, you'll want to get it right.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2012
sussex
I have walked a fair part of the downs and there are a few drinking water taps on the southdown way. some are easyer to find than others and the one by the river adur is not there anymore. the grid refs are on the southdown way website .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE