Anyone Else As Sad/Organised/Bored as Me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
My list is in my head, categorised as a Needs list, then sub-categorised.
It goes like this...
Eat.......food, cook with, eat on/with...etc.
Drink.....water-bottle, cup, tea, sugar, milk, whisky.
Smoke...fags, lighter/s, saw, axe...etc.

Sleep....tent/hammock, sleeping-bag, roll-mat...etc.
Wash....wash-kit, Squeezy, scourer...etc.
Sh#te...wipe!

There is more to it than that of course, there are essentials which live in my rucksac, but this has served me in good stead for quite a while now with only the occasional glitch. But a compromise can always be found to substitute for oversights, ie; sphagnum is a soothing alternative when not containing pine needles. :lmao:

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I think thats a great idea mate, its just like keeping an electronic camping diary, in fact you may have just inspired me to do something similar lol

Thanks

Dave

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
My list is in my head, categorised as a Needs list, then sub-categorised.
It goes like this...
Eat.......food, cook with, eat on/with...etc.
Drink.....water-bottle, cup, tea, sugar, milk, whisky.
Smoke...fags, lighter/s, saw, axe...etc.

That's

Sleep....tent/hammock, sleeping-bag, roll-mat...etc.
Wash....wash-kit, Squeezy, scourer...etc.
Sh#te...wipe!

There is more to it than that of course, there are essentials which live in my rucksac, but this has served me in good stead for quite a while now with only the occasional glitch. But a compromise can always be found to substitute for oversights, ie; sphagnum is a soothing alternative when not containing pine needles. :lmao:

That's exactly how I done it mate that way you don't forget as much and it stays organised and easy to sift through, although I somehow anaged to forget my honey stove last week so it may be going closer to the top :lol:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I used to have a tick list, but these days I don't need one.

One of the advantages of being single is all my gear is piled up (dumped) on the sofa. :D

Always to hand and easy to find.

Liam

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
That's exactly how I done it mate that way you don't forget as much and it stays organised and easy to sift through, although I somehow anaged to forget my honey stove last week so it may be going closer to the top :lol:

I wouldn't change my habits because of that though mate, as it might just be an indicator of pre-senile dementia.

Miyagi, I admire your organisational skills. Reminds me of my filing system at university!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE