Any Zebralight users here ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just treated myself for my birthday to a new Zebralight H51, any ZL fans here ?

I like the fact that it's 200lm of flood lighting and runs on a single AA which is a handy size for the rest of my gizmos.

Looking forward to having a play when it comes :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Really like the look of them, but as I have just splashed out of a Fenix LD10 and an Fenix TK45, I could not justify it (at the moment!)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I like my Zebralight.

I usually use it on the clip, attached to my shirt and pointing down so I don't dazzle any other poor soul I'm sharing a camp fire with.

Very, very occasionally, if there is no one else within a five mile radius, I use it as a head torch because there is no one else to annoy by shining it directly in the eyes of.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like my Zebralight.

I usually use it on the clip, attached to my shirt and pointing down so I don't dazzle any other poor soul I'm sharing a camp fire with.

Very, very occasionally, if there is no one else within a five mile radius, I use it as a head torch because there is no one else to annoy by shining it directly in the eyes of.

Yup, got plenty of that eye dazzling at the weekend. There's me sitting with my red filter on my Petzl and then someone shines a 200lumen white light in your face :11doh:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well it arrived during the week Col and first impressions are very good. It's solidly built and simple to use, the 200 lumen white light is almost blinding whilst the various lower modes should prove really useful.

I'm away with the canoe next week so I'll get chance to test it properly then no doubt.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Well it arrived during the week Col and first impressions are very good. It's solidly built and simple to use, the 200 lumen white light is almost blinding whilst the various lower modes should prove really useful.

I'm away with the canoe next week so I'll get chance to test it properly then no doubt.
Cool thanks Rich, enjoy the trip :D

Yep. I replaced my Petzl with an H501. Love it.

The plastic case on the Petzl fatigued to the point of failure after not very much hard use, but to be fair, it was 6 years old.

The H501 appears to be bullet-proof. So far.
And I like the array of spares and clips that it comes with. Well priced, too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you use rechargables, try some Vapex 2900mah of the Bay.

They where superb in my princeton Apex 130 lumen.

TBL.

Cheers TBL, I'll keep an eye out for those

My bro was getting me some Sanyo Eneloops for my b'day but I've not caught up with him yet, I'll see how I get on with those first I reckon.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
No probs :)

I also use the Vapex in my RC handet (Spektrum) and they really do hold the juice.

Just something as an alternative if you get stuck... atb, TBL.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE