Another bushseax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Right thats it....

You know you are officially sad when not only do you muse about mosaic pins, but you spot the smock is ventile as the picture downloads and are pleased to be proved right. When you can spot a singtek pouch complimenting the knife you really need to get out more.........:( :( :D

Lovely work Snufkin - the nicest yet

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
British Red said:
Right thats it....

You know you are officially sad when not only do you muse about mosaic pins, but you spot the smock is ventile as the picture downloads and are pleased to be proved right. When you can spot a singtek pouch complimenting the knife you really need to get out more.........:( :( :D

Lovely work Snufkin - the nicest yet
Who needs a life when you have BCUK? ;)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Made a sheath for it, not too ugly :rolleyes: .

2006_1107Image0006.jpg

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Been a bit busy of late, and the weather hasn't been great but I've done another. Needs a bit more work on the edge. Excuse the poor pics.
2006_1217Image0007.jpg

2006_1217Image0006.jpg

Stabilized walnut handle with a couple of leather spacers.

I did get the forge fired up today and heat treated another blade, it's in the oven tempering now. Shorter than this one, and convex ground. It'll probably get an alder root handle with some birch bark spacers.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now that one is truly gorgeous Reaaly fine - I love these knives and the slimmer blade makes that the nicest yet! Wow!

Red

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Thanks guys,
Singtek yeah, I prefer the broadseax myself but you have to experiment don't you?
Jojo didn't make the pin, that was just an off the self purchase from Brisa. The stabilized woods come from here . Nice people to deal with. The laburnun from the first knife was from a firewood seller who thought it was too good to burn. I think I have some left, it's not as nicely figured but I'll dig some out for you before the next meetup.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Thanks Snufkin for the laburnum, I haven't got any of this wood. I really must get organised for hardening my blades now. I have been real busy with carving signs before xmas and haven't had the time. I suppose its going to stop dead now and i'll have more time on my hands:D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
This ones about 4 3/4" bladelength, sallowroot handle, green fibre spacers with silversteel pins. I've got to let the handle dry for a few days then I'll acid treat the blade and put an edge on it.
2007_0130Image0006.jpg

2007_0130Image0008.jpg

2007_0130Image0009.jpg

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
That's looks very "clean". You spent a lot of time polishing that one up! Very nice like all the rest :D

I have spent a few days using mine, even thought it's wider then most blade, it's still very easy to use. Peeled lots of potatoes with it and I can't find any fault with the design. Feels like it would make a fine chopper in the woods too with the extra weight on the blade.

singteck who is very happy with his :D

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Now I really like the looks of these,very nice.Iam in no way an expert on knives and blades so could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantges of such knives!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE