Another bushseax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Glad you're enjoying yours and it survived the passaround :) .
I've gone for a more "bushkitchen" look with this one. I also used Gorilla glue for the first time to fix the scales so I hope that works out OK.
I've also just dropped a smaller partial tang seax in the linseed oil. It'll be my personal knife as I got a little carried away with the rasp and exposed the tang :eek: :rolleyes: . I built it up with epoxy and sawdust, but it's left an ugly patch on the knife.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
CLEM said:
Now I really like the looks of these,very nice.Iam in no way an expert on knives and blades so could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantges of such knives!
I'm not going to tell you this is the greatest design in the world and all the other suck but I do like it for a general purpose knife. It's very good for food prep and it's also a safe knife as the cutting edge is below the fingers there is little chance of slipping forward onto the blade. Also for fine work you have a lot of blade to grip when you are working with the tip of the knife without having to wrap your fingers over the edge.
Disadvantages are it's not great for fine carving. I tend to use a small sloyd knife and spoon knife for carving anyway. It's also pretty heavy compared to some knives out there, though it is only of 3mm stock (and a through tang rather than full tang can reduce the weight further and give a nice blade heavy feel for chopping).
Also I think it is quite a pretty design :) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE