An Evening with Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
If the show starts at 19:30 then its probably down between 21:30-22:00. We get a lot of stuff here along similar lines they usually run 50-20-50 but can be longer for q's.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've just started reading it. I'm on page 97 or thereabout.

It's been a pretty enthralling read so far, but I have something in the back of my mind... Now I don't think of Ray as a man to lie or be boastful, but the Africa chapter, at least to me, seemed a bit... fanciful. It's pretty unusual for someone writing their own biography to write the dialogue. As if he can remember it all. It feels artificial that way. And did Ray REALLY threaten an African youngster with a machete whilst smiling? It just feels a bit too fanciful, but I'm sure it did happen. I don't think Ray's the type to resort to make believe.

Have to remember that different gestures mean different things to different cultures. A smiling threat usually means a lot more to me anyway as depending on the smile I'm more likely to think they'll be the type to go through with it. But haven't bought the book yet so don't know the ins and outs.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Woking this sunday for me!, should be good, seen him before down on the coast in Worthing, but you can never have too much of a good thing!, so i keep telling the wife!

RM

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Friggin amazing, Started at 7.30 finished at 11.00 with a 30 minuite interval!
Never mentioned his company courses, and for those sceptics out there who say he is only plugging his new book, Sorry to dissapoint, he did not mention it once!
Great evening out, would highly recommend a viewing for anybody who wants a laugh, an insight into conservation, and a small insite into one of the most interesting men i have ever met!
Thumbs up here!

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE