An evening with Ray Mears.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 29, 2013
Portland Dorset
Last night I went to see An evening with
Ray Mears at the Lighthouse, Poole, Dorset. What a fantasitc evening. The place was fully booked. He had some great tales to tell and showed us some of the best photography I have ever seen.
A true inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I was at Poole too and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I thought the first half was better than the second though. I'm not entirely sure that the tracking bit added a lot - personally I would liked him to have used British animals as examples. Unfortunately not many of us will get the opportunity to compare prints of lion, cheetah and leopard in real life!

Three hours was certainly good value for money.

havocsdad

Jun 10, 2010
dorset
I agree Bartoon. In the front row it was a bit close for the tracks I think , but I must admit the sentiment of conservation had me feeling I should know more and do more

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
I was there with AndyN and the Natures craft team, it was a great night. My tried to answer the question about the rhino track but got it wrong :) when we met Ray later he remembered that Owen had tried. We got our autographs, hand shake and a photo, then Owen held his hand up for a High5! Ray gave a little chuckle and gave him a high5, he seemed genuinely happy to meet us and we gave him our thanks... It will live with me for quite some time, I'm not one for celebrities really but I was rather nervous to meet him.

havocsdad

Jun 10, 2010
dorset
Funny I know he is a " celebrity " but he doesn't come across as one , my wife Hadnt met him before as I have , and she thought he was down to earth and lovely , oh and she nudged me and said " if Ray can lose weight so can you !'

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
Yeah, he does seem very normal, no ego and was firm put pleasant when would only sign the book not write anything else. Just waiting fro Andy to send me the photo!

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
I went aswell, and it was a great night, got a bit of a neck ache sitting on the front row and looking up...he gave a little laugh when i pulled out some knife sheaths for him to sign, but he did it and posed for a photo and a handshake...a great guy!!
Stamp were you the guy who shouted out hippo? Cause i was i was thinking the same thing lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE