An evening with Ray Mears.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
We saw him at Colchester on Saturday night and had a great time.

He is an excellent speaker (believe me I've seen enough to know a pro when I see one), and as has been said, the photography (his) was awesome. I thought the structure of his presentation and the way he wove conservation and understanding the interconnectivity of nature into it was a powerful message.

He was engaging, funny, utterly without ego and very charming at the book signing when my wife produced her "Tracks" book from 20 years ago.

"I haven't signed many of those!"

If you have still to see him you are in for a great evening; watch out for Eric!

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm not one for celebrities really but I was rather nervous to meet him.
That's how I felt when meeting him in Glasgow. It was a bit strange having a conversation with a man you've watched on tv since you were a young boy...

Jan 10, 2013
West Midlans
I'm going to see him in Malvern on Saturday night, and I really can't wait.

One thing I am curious about is whether the Woodlore folks bring along any kit to sell afterwards or not? I've got some b'day money burning a hole in my pocket and it'd seem a shame to wait until then to discover that there's nothing shiny to spend it on :rolleyes:

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
One thing I am curious about is whether the Woodlore folks bring along any kit to sell afterwards or not? I've got some b'day money burning a hole in my pocket and it'd seem a shame to wait until then to discover that there's nothing shiny to spend it on :rolleyes:
No, there was nothing on sale at Poole apart from his autobiography at the full price of £20. I thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity too.

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Saw him last night in Birmingham, very natural, very easy and could listen to the man all night. Strongly recommend and my dad, who is not so much into that sort of thing, very much enjoyed it too.

Very surreal feeling to see him in person though after all these years.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....havnt been able to catch his recent tour but i saw him at gawsworth a couple of years ago....made the same impression on me and again, had a great night.

glad y'all enjoyed it!

s

remember....always be of the ray....not of the bear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE