A Litte Moan...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, didn't know who to whige too, so thought i would do it here (a bit social network like)

The week from hell!

Some of which is affects some of you lads and lasses.
It is with great sadness, that i can tell you that i have lost 2 permissions, one is due to parking issues (those that have been, will know which one) The owner was contacted by the police and highways, and decided enough was enough.

So a massive thankyou to all those that came and enjoyed, some wonderful times there.
End of an era.

Secondly, the private beach, that we have had some great meets on, is no longer available to us, because of the (can't use the word on a family forum) Oiks, that left litter, fire scars, damaged trees in search of firewood etc etc, and cost of clearing up costs said mess, the owner has apologised but alas, no more.

My mother has been diagnosed with skin cancer, her words to the consultant made me smile "Well, i don't want that dear"

I got a £700.00 electricity bill!

And several, small straws (which i won't bore you with) That nearly broke the camels back.

Not looking for sympathy, just needed to get them of my chest!

New week, new challenges.

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Not so good
I truly wish your mum all the best and speedy treatment /recovery

As for the rest of your week as one door closes another generally opens and don't take on any responsibility for others actions which you can not control from comments on here you do a great job and I hope you keep it up

With the electric bill ( do you own a small tower block ) wow

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Chin up bud put ya skills together make a few things .
Sell them to either pay ya electric bill or give the earnings too a cancer charity either way this will put a smile on your face .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Damn that's some hard knocks Ivan.

I wish your mum a speedy recovery. It sounds like she's got a great attitude to deal with it.

I hope things work out well for you.

oscari

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 28, 2010
outdoors
Ivan, watch eastenders.No matter how bad things get, half an hour of that and my life looks great.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Ivan,

Sorry you're having such a bad time at the moment especially with your Mum. I hope she and the other situations get better soon and that you can get back to being the happy provider of good times and memories that you come across as.

Here's a wee quote I have on my phone for when things get you down (beside a pic of my dog - always brings a smile).

Everything will be okay
in the end.

If it's not okay,
it's not the end.
Best wishes,
Colin.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Chin up ivan its these set backs that make is stronger.we ve had a fair few with our daughter and other things.you just have to muddle through it will get better.even though every small thing seems to be massive just have to tackle them one at a time
good luck and hope your mam is better soon
All the best andy

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
As above very sorry to hear about your recent bad luck. A great shame that your permissions have been revoked due to others misuse. I'm sure your mum will be fine as she seems to be the stoic type. Bad luck is a little like the force of gravity one piece seems to attract others. Stay positive I'm sure you have loads of people around you to keep this so. All the very, very best.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very sorry for your trouble Ivan, and that of your Mum..............there's loads of cliches but I ain't gonna give you any of them, just peace and contentment in the future.................atb mac

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I was going to apologise, for even posting, but sometimes you push that button, without thinking! But the response from you guys has blown me away, as some of you know i am a mouth on a stick! A confident outspoken so and so, but last week really got me down.
Why i sould share it in a public domain, is beyond me, as i am always having a go at my kids about it.

But, thankyou very much for your kind comments and support, in my moment of weakness, once again the people of this community, have reinstated my faith in human nature.

Don't do smiley's and things, and my youngest will cringe, but you guys rock!

Ivan...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Wishing all the best for your mother, Ivan, not nice news.
Chin up though, ciderfest is not long away and you're more than welcome to visit in the time being, should you so wish.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan just picked up on this thread sorry to here about your mum been there know what its like tell her to keep her chin up and you as well mate
shame about the beach we discussed it the last time i was down
thats a heavy bill man get her out on the street she's got to be worth something, only joking alison it will all sort itself out it always does my friend thinking of you all regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE