7 on the Beach

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
What a brillliant weekend,:Dthanks to Andy for the invite down to his secret beach, great bunch of guys, :red::red:a special thanks to stoo and big Tony for helping oor sean out wi his pack as he was knackered. We had a great walk along the beach on saturday, some massive waves and fantastic rock formations and caves.:eek:
:DWe had a cracking saturday night, had a great sing-song then on sunday we chilled out to get ready for the big climb back to the car.
Thanks again guys for a great weekend. I will be definately up for it anytime soon.
cheers
Gaz goodjob

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Guys,looks like another superb time had by all.

Andy sorry and thanks for the invite,again mate,i only got your pm after getting back from a jaunt that i had last week(see 4 days roughing it thread).
I know i keep saying it,BUT i will make it one day :D.

All the best.
Cheers Stuart.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
The only way to fly :lmao:

Even an Icelandic Volcano didny disturb your sleep J.

Minstrel, next time remember to bring your banjo...

Great singalong we had, but any decent "choon" accompanied by a muxical instrument in a recognisable key, would've kept me and gsfgaz from scaring the seagull population.

To be honest I thought they were singing in counterpoint or trying their best at canonisation etc.

I mean, sheesh, we were already standing up for the key change...

And then someone did the "I love bouncing" X Factor audition and stole the show...................

Happy Daze Minstrel!

Cheers,

Liam

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hiya Liam,

I have some cracking memories from our trip - even it was so short. I would say let's not leave it too long till we do it again but work might get in the way :(

I head off tomorrow for Prestatyn for three months looking after the Little Terns down there...can't wait in truth, but I'm due to be back up from time to time and back full time from September for the 2nd year of my course so we'll have another chance to get out soon enough..

Cya soon

John

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi John,

Yeah give me a shout next time your up.

I'm looking at courses at Oatridge so may be joining you up there next term.

All the best,

Liam

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I did warn that i would upload these at some point.

BUSHCRAFTS GOT TALENT: A remote beach near eyemouth...

First up Minstrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7z7CYIdx4

Miyagi and Gaz duet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3MME_NDe34

ill edit in another two family suitable vids later, as taking time to upload, the uncut version will be available to order from major stockists soon...

any one pm me vid editing tutorial, not sure how to compress and rotate im afraid so may be big downloads takeing age to upload...

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hahahahaaa - I remember when John launched into that, took me by surprise that did, and eventually we were all singing it.

Comedy Gold.

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Finally found my SD card and didn't want to post without pics ...
Andy and Stoo I'd already met several times before, so no introductions needed there.
Thanks again to Andy for organizing the meet.
From the other guys I was hoping for a chilled air, as that's what I needed from this weekend, and I got just that! Excellent.
I arrived early-ish on Saturday morning and decided that instead of heading straight for the camp I would have a walk along the cliff-tops.
I headed a couple of miles South of the camp then turned North to rollercoaster myself along to the top of the climb down to camp.

Real nice coastal scenery.
SPA53650.jpg

Gained sight of the guys and then I knew just what was ahead of me by way of descent!
Safely down and introductions aside, I wrenched the pack from my back and congratulated myself at being still able to stand upright ...

Some of the guys went off to explore, but I was happy to stay fireside and had Liam for company.
And what company! It felt like I had met someone from the past, someone with which I had stories to tell and also receive.
Jumpers for goalposts and Wagon Wheels were definately bigger when the Daleks ruled.
Cheers Liam, I enjoyed that banter immensely.

The other guys came back and we eventually settled around the fire, craic being established soon thereafter.
I enjoyed the dry wit from Gaz and talking to John was good humour then out of the blue he did the aforementioned song and dance routine. Mental! Absolutely hilarious. I ain't seen the video of it but I was there in real time and that was enough for me. Bonkers :)

As luck would have it, the group was blessed with a trio of good singers.
Myself, Stoo and Andy were the other trio …
I really enjoyed the campfire sing-a-long, my voice sounding better to me the more wine I drank ... ;)

All told a very enjoyable weekend; looking forward to the next one.
Thanks guys.
Most photographic scenes look to be covered, so I'll just add a few from my card.

HQ, and hotter than the pic makes out.
SPA53646.jpg

A few more
SPA53648.jpg

SPA53644.jpg

SPA53642.jpg

A few more from a little further down ...
SPA53649.jpg

SPA53655.jpg

SPA53654.jpg

SPA53651.jpg

SPA53656.jpg

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE