Rats on the beach

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lachat

Mar 6, 2024
Europe
I arrived in Malaga very late in the night and decided to sleep in my bivy on the beach. I had no equipment but, the bivy was cosy snd big enough for all my kit.

but, the brown rats keept coming towards me so i did not get much sleep. Any way to keep them away when sleeping in areas with lots of rats.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
A fire.

A small terrier to accompany you perhaps? Only really feasible if you intend to stay for a longer period in the country.

They dont need a lot of looking after, if adopting a stray one though invest in worming and flea treatments and possibly a vet visit for a health check and a few jabs.

Rats will comb the beaches when they are quiet and scavenge anything they can. By pitching up on their turf you are just inviting them to come and investigate.

Ideally find somewhere further from humans and their rubbish.

lachat

Mar 6, 2024
Europe
A fire.

A small terrier to accompany you perhaps? Only really feasible if you intend to stay for a longer period in the country.

They dont need a lot of looking after, if adopting a stray one though invest in worming and flea treatments and possibly a vet visit for a health check and a few jabs.

Rats will comb the beaches when they are quiet and scavenge anything they can. By pitching up on their turf you are just inviting them to come and investigate.

Ideally find somewhere further from humans and their rubbish.
I adopted a kitten that takes care of pests at home. Problem is it was just for the night. Trouble is getting away from humans with no transport.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
News flash after spending some time in the far east rats are plenty full and probably the least of your problems as far as infestation is going

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE