4 Places for Fishing in Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Torjus (torjusg) has kindly offered to take 4 Bushcraft UK members fishing in Norway. This is a great opportunity for an experience to remember!

Payment will be 2000 NOK or about 170£. The trip lasts 10 days starting 01.07.2006 ending 10.07 Average pysical condition or better is required and Torjus will not take responsibility for your life or health. Fishing license is not included, but is very inexpensive about 17£ for a year.

This is from Torjus…

Netfishing
Linefishing (line with many hooks)
And possibly seine net fishing

You should also have a fishing rod as this is what we will use most of the time. We will do lots of bait-fishing and we'll sleep in a lavoo every night. I guarantee that you catch fish, but I don't guarantee for it's size, although we will be fishing in lakes with trout of 3-4 kilos.

We will fish every single day and live on whatever we catch as well as some moose meat and wild plants. Except from that, food is not covered and everyone should have some money for a backup supply of food.

As a sign of trust, payment will be done on arrival. Application is binding, but if anyone has to cancel, please tell me so I can book another person. Everyone will have to plan how to get to the destination by themselves, but I'll happily offer help. The place to look for is Fyresdal in Telemark county in Southern Norway.

Anyone interested contact Torjus (forum name - torjusg )

Enjoy yourself

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Also would like to add that we may to alot of other primitive skills around the campfire. I can teach you knapping, making bows and arrows, cordage making etc.. And I also would appreciate if anyone could teach me how to do a proper fire by friction (having very inconsistent results). :) Got lots of antler to work with, both moose and reindeer.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

Torjus Gaaren

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
If there is still a place, can I come please?
I haven't fished for trout in some years, and always wanted to try doing so in something more interesting than a weekly stocked gravel pit!

Any chance of fly fishing? Not primitive, but can be a lot of fun too.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
C_Claycomb said:
If there is still a place, can I come please?
I haven't fished for trout in some years, and always wanted to try doing so in something more interesting than a weekly stocked gravel pit!

Any chance of fly fishing? Not primitive, but can be a lot of fun too.

No problem at all. There will be plenty of time for that.

Edit: There are still two places left.

Torjus Gaaren

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
One thing. The location is pretty remote and buses doesn't go there very often. Because of that you have to add one day in every direction to make sure you will be in time when your plane leaves.

I will of course fix you a place to stay the extra nights you need. It will not cost you anything extra.

Please include me in your travelling plans. As most information on travelling around here is only offered in Norwegian, I think that would be helpful.

And if you wish me to put you in contact with eachother, in case you wish to travel together, again just ask.

Torjus Gaaren

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Torjus,

I'd be keen to go (especially if I might be able to wet a fly-line).

My boss is away at present so I can't confirm for a day or two, but I'd be keen on a place if I can book provisionally, to confirm before end of this week.

If not, so be it.

PM sent on similar lines.

Regards,

Jim.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Thought I would post and bring this to the top again.
How are we doing for people? Who is coming :D
Torjus mailed me a map and proposed itinerary but there is a limit on what can be talked about until the number is made up. It looks like it could be a fantastic trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE