4 Places for Fishing in Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
I would genuinely love to come on that trip, more than I could say. Unfortunately, I am a student and have £0.00 to spend on anything at the moment, which is a great shame because I reeeeeaalllly want to go. :(

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Ok, who has signed up?

I know we have Me, Elma, Angus Og, and........JimH?

Is that it?

I have been talking a little with Torjus and Angus ;) and reckon we could do with having an all-ways email or further discussion on here about travel, transport in-country, and stuff. Time is marching in a rather frightening manner and even someone as slow off the mark as me is thinking its time to start getting organised :lmao:

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
C_Claycomb said:
Ok, who has signed up?

I know we have Me, Elma, Angus Og, and........JimH?

Is that it?

I have been talking a little with Torjus and Angus ;) and reckon we could do with having an all-ways email or further discussion on here about travel, transport in-country, and stuff. Time is marching in a rather frightening manner and even someone as slow off the mark as me is thinking its time to start getting organised :lmao:

JimH couldn't go and Angus Og hasn't yet confirmed that he is coming. But I agree that we should start do some more serious planning. Should I organise a chatroom and that we meet there?

This trip is not for profit and I will arrange it even if only the two of you are coming.

But may I ask for permission to try to fill up the remaining places with Norwegians if we aren't fully booked from bushcraft-uk by 15th March?

Torjus Gaaren

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
since I was the person who originally contacted torjusg and expressed an intrest in doing a fishing trip it have been increadably frustrating to know that I may be unable to make those dates :banghead:

however there is also a possiblity that I might be able to make it, the problem is that i may not know if i can make it or not untill the begining of june.

if somone does drop out though, or if there is still a place open in may/june when i know whats happening, I will endeavour to fill that place.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Stuart said:
since I was the person who originally contacted torjusg and expressed an intrest in doing a fishing trip it have been increadably frustrating to know that I may be unable to make those dates :banghead:

however there is also a possiblity that I might be able to make it, the problem is that i may not know if i can make it or not untill the begining of june.

if somone does drop out though, or if there is still a place open in may/june when i know whats happening, I will endeavour to fill that place.

I'll see what i can do.

Torjus Gaaren

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi,
Is there still a place left? :sadwavey: It looks like I can make it if so! (If you'll have me! :p)

Cheers!
Neil

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
For those going on this trip you might want to think about getting one of these $6.90 posted to the UK. ;)

I just got one for fishing in the highlands very fine mesh it'll keep out the scottish midge.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Here are the details of the flights I've just booked, which came in at the grand total of £40.25 from Ryanair. If you haven't booked yet, there are plenty of really cheap fares. Fly out on the preceding thursday (29th June) and you'll only pay 19p plus tax!

Going Out - All times are local
From London Stansted (STN) to Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF)
Friday, 30 Jun 06 Flight 34
Depart London Stansted (STN) 06:30
Arrive Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) 09:25

Coming Back - All times are local
From Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) to London Stansted (STN) Web fare
Tuesday, 11 Jul 06 Flight 39
Depart Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) 22:10
Arrive London Stansted (STN) 23:05

Beware that Ryanair will try to charge you £35 exces baggage if your fishing rod is too "bulky". Not sure what defines "bulky" though...

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
ilovemybed said:
Here are the details of the flights I've just booked, which came in at the grand total of £40.25 from Ryanair. If you haven't booked yet, there are plenty of really cheap fares. Fly out on the preceding thursday (29th June) and you'll only pay 19p plus tax!

Going Out - All times are local
From London Stansted (STN) to Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF)
Friday, 30 Jun 06 Flight 34
Depart London Stansted (STN) 06:30
Arrive Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) 09:25

Coming Back - All times are local
From Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) to London Stansted (STN) Web fare
Tuesday, 11 Jul 06 Flight 39
Depart Oslo Torp Sandefjord (TRF) 22:10
Arrive London Stansted (STN) 23:05

Beware that Ryanair will try to charge you £35 exces baggage if your fishing rod is too "bulky". Not sure what defines "bulky" though...

How are you planning to get to the airport, parking charges are very expensive.

do anyone know of cheap parking around stanstead

cheers

Ian

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well, I am not exactly close, Stansted is about 47 miles away, but I do have somewhere pretty safe to leave a car, and a spare room that while not the Ritz, will do for a night if anyone wants to break their journey in Hemel.

I was thinking that Ian might consider joining forces and for us to go in one car then split the costs?

That early departure is pretty brutal. I don't know how long the bus ride is after we get to Torp. Torjus made it sound like it was l...o...n...g, but the map makes it look like only 350-400km? I was wondering if it might be possible to catch the slightly later flight from Stansted at 10:50, arriving Torp 13:45?

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
C_Claycomb said:
Well, I am not exactly close, Stansted is about 47 miles away, but I do have somewhere pretty safe to leave a car, and a spare room that while not the Ritz, will do for a night if anyone wants to break their journey in Hemel.

I was thinking that Ian might consider joining forces and for us to go in one car then split the costs?

That early departure is pretty brutal. I don't know how long the bus ride is after we get to Torp. Torjus made it sound like it was l...o...n...g, but the map makes it look like only 350-400km? I was wondering if it might be possible to catch the slightly later flight from Stansted at 10:50, arriving Torp 13:45?

It is not THAT long, but there is a lot of waiting involved when changing buses.

Torjus Gaaren

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
C_Claycomb said:

You not got any Mates that can drop you off? A few quid to one of them would be a lot cheaper...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE