2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Holy Smoke TeeDee, I am SO sorry for you.
It has been touch and go for me this last year ( which has been the hardest of my 47 years on this planet )
All I can say is that my thoughts are with you.
If you need a beer and a chat any time ( in Exeter or Topsham way ) give me a shout.
My best.
Chris.

clubduvet

Jan 3, 2010
Silsoe
www.addimpact.co.uk
Does anyone know if there still places available on this...???

I ask only because I originally looked at the Arctic Expedition, but decided on the Canadian Canoe Expedition instead. However if that doesn't go ahead due to lack of numbers (as per the Arctic Expedition) I may look at this instead.

Cheers

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Really sorry to hear that Teedee :(

Hoping things get better for you mate.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Are people taking their phones with them?​

Definitely taking mine.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Sorry to hear that Teedee, sometimes life does that to you and you just have to roll with the punches, do what has to be done and get through it. Best of luck and hopefully you can do the course next year. Don't let the fatherless ones grind you down!

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1.wayland
2.tedw
3.Greg
4.teepee
5.JamesBentley
6.iceman81
7.I**C******
8.Chris the Cat
9.DUCKy
10.imagedude
11.Into_the_Wild​

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

Please note I do have someone waiting on the cancellation waiting list and they have been contacted. If they do not take the place I will let you know as you may also know someone who would be interested.

Regards
Becky

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Does anyone know if there still places available on this...???

I ask only because I originally looked at the Arctic Expedition, but decided on the Canadian Canoe Expedition instead. However if that doesn't go ahead due to lack of numbers (as per the Arctic Expedition) I may look at this instead.

Cheers

Drop Becky a line, it looks like there might be an opportunity, at least get yourself on the reserve list.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Becky, will you be providing us all with documentation to cover the legitimate carriage of sharps in our (hold) luggage? I'd like to avoid any nonsense at the airport!

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Becky, will you be providing us all with documentation to cover the legitimate carriage of sharps in our (hold) luggage? I'd like to avoid any nonsense at the airport!

I have flown with knives, axes and machetes to and from Tanzania, Nepal, Indonesia, Venezuela and Surinam and never had any problems. Knives are not listed as illegal items for checked luggage. Just don't try and take them as carry-on.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Not illegal true, BUT, I had a major hassle a few years ago at Munich airport because I had an ice axe packed in my hold luggage as I had been winter mountaineering in Bavaria. Got sorted but I'd rather not go through that again with some over-zealous official.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Tedw

Woody emailed me this morning saying exactly what DUCky has said. He says there is no paperwork required. Just make sure they are all in the hold otherwise they will be confiscated.

Becky

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Well finally booked flights, bit more spendy than I thought, ah well its booked & Im going :)

8th march KL1058 Cardiff - Amsterdam
0600 0830
KL1143 Amsterdam - Oslo
1020 1210
DY334 Oslo - Bardufoss
1745 1930

18th March DY333 Bardufoss - Oslo
1120 1310
KL1143 Oslo - Amsterdam
1715 1915
KL069 Amsterdam - Cardiff
2115 2135

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Well finally booked flights, bit more spendy than I thought, ah well its booked & Im going :)

8th march KL1058 Cardiff - Amsterdam
0600 0830
KL1143 Amsterdam - Oslo
1020 1210
DY334 Oslo - Bardufoss
1745 1930

18th March DY333 Bardufoss - Oslo
1120 1310
KL1143 Oslo - Amsterdam
1715 1915
KL069 Amsterdam - Cardiff
2115 2135

Good man!
Looks like we will be flying together from Amsterdam and meeting up with Teepee in Oslo for the last leg. It seems most of us will be there a couple of days before and after.
Current plan is to camp near the airport for the first night, shop for provisions the next day, then see if there is a nice snowy path towards the course location. If so, we might walk up there. If we don't fancy the hike or conditions are bad, we take public transport to the course location and do a bit of a walk about up there (or huddle freezing our buts off depending on the weather :rolleyes:).

I will bring the cognac and cigars ;)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
The cognac is a good idea!
I picked up a ltr of scotch last trip in a plastic kidney shaped bottle, great for morale after sundown and knives and axes put away, just a couple of sips passed around, a real treat!
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE