2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Don't let Norwegian Customs catch you with potatos!!

Are my potato farls contraband?

I hope I don't get gloved for spuds!

Drillsergeant "What is the procedure in case of an emergency?"
We shout: "stay close to Teepee, he has food !!! :lmao:"

Sounds real good mate. I have found cheese, dried sausage, hartkeks and nuts excellent on-the-go food on my backcountry skiing trips. For dinner some pasta, couscous, perhaps some canned meat and any animal I can get my hands on ;)

All good Lennart :) We should cook a stew up one night. I'm working out how I can squeeze a 4l pot in.......

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yep, looks like London to Oslo sometime on the 10th, Oslo to Bardufoss 0900 on the 11th and return Bardufoss-Oslo-London Gatwick at 1530 on the 16th. I'm coming out at about £410. Anyone found a better deal?

8-18th was £304 with 2 bags and Insurance, out of Gatwick.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Afternoon Everyone.

Just to let you know today is the go/no go date for the advanced Norway Expedition and we now have 12 people booked up on this course so it will be going ahead!! I will be sending out an email to everyone on the course with details regarding your final payment.Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I will be back in the office tomorrow

Becky​

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
8th to 18th seems to be the cheapest, how many are going for this. I'm trying to work out cost of accomodation,food etc for extra nights verses savings on flight cost?

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
If all goes well, I hope to do some wild camping for the days before and after the course. For me it wasn't cheaper to fligh the 8th and 18th, but 10 days is about all I could manage and I thought I might as well take full advantage of the time out there. I would like to walk up to the course location from Bardufoss airport and have a bit of a look around.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
8th to 18th seems to be the cheapest, how many are going for this. I'm trying to work out cost of accomodation,food etc for extra nights verses savings on flight cost?

I think accomodation will swallow any savings made, I'm planning on sleeping outside and seeing some more of the area.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Morning all.

I have emailed you all this morning however I will post this on the forum as well:
As you may have seen on the BCUK Forum yesterday was the go/no go date for your course. We have the numbers so this course will be going ahead. You can now, if not already done so book your flights. Your final payment is now due. Your final payment amount is £320.00 (£200 if you have transfered your deposit from the basic course)This can either be paid by card over the phone, please call me on 01432 356700, please note on occasion I may be out of the office so please leave your name and number and I will get back to you.You can also pay via paypal, our address is inforequest@bushcraftexpeditions.comOr you can send a cheque made out to Bushcraft Expeditions Limited to the address below.Also all those who have not already done so I will be needing your next of kin forms back, If you require a new one please let me knowI will shortly be sending out an email regarding the hiring of kit. I can not take any bookings for this at the moment

regards
Becky

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Rik_uk3

Our business phone number and email address have been on this website for a very long time now. All this information has been on every course and expedition first page.

Becky

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Ducky, Teepee, I agree that a few more days in Norway would be good, especially wild camping. Have you definitely booked 8th-18th, if so what times are your flights, I will try to see if I can find any that are similar times and check the prices.
Also Ducky you were thinking of trekking to our course location, do you know the exact place that is on map, distance from Barufoss etc. Cheers Shane

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands

leg​
Departure
Arrival

8-mrt​
KLM
KL 1143
AMS
OSL

10:20​

12:10​
Norwegian
DY334
Oslo-Gardermoen
Bardufoss

17:45​

19:30​

18-mrt​
Norwegian
DY335
Bardufoss
Oslo-Gardermoen

15:20​

17:10​
KLM
KL 1150
OSL
AMS

19:45​

21:40​

This is my flight schedule. I will probably meet up with Teepee in Oslo. We are on the same flight to and from Bardufoss.
Teepee put up a Google map showing the approximate location of the course. I will ask Becky for GPS coordinates.
We should be able to walk up there in two days and if not, "we flag down the minibus" as Teepee has rightly said :D.

Cheers,

Lennart

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
LHR - Oslo Thursday 1st March 1305 - 1620 sas SK806

Oslo - Ringebu Saturday 3rd March by bus

Ringebu - Oslo Saturday 10th by bus

Oslo - Bardufoss Sunday 11th 0900 - 1050 Norwegian DY330

Bardufoss - Oslo Sunday 18th 11:20 - 13:10 Norwegian DY333

Oslo - LHR Sunday 18TH 20:15 - 21:35 SAS SK815

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
@ Wayland,TedW,Greg,teepee,Chris the Cat , Imagedude etc

Unfortunately my annus horribilis looks like it will be extending well into 2012 , I really don't want to go into specifics or details needless to say that certain events beyond my control will be stopping me from attending this course. Needless to say I am gutted to the core.

I have PM & E-mailed Woody and Becky and I really hope the place will be taken up to compliment the group , its a shame because I've put this off for two years and now...well like I say i don't want to go into details.

I hope you guys have a great time , I will try to get back here after you get back but i doubt I will be on the forums for some time until I can rectify certain issues.

Again , gutted , but I hope you enjoy your time.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Really gutted for you TeeDee, hope you get to go at some point in the not to distant future.

Time for me to book my flights then, hope theres some seats left lol!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE