2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hi All

It has come to my attention that there is not a kit list on this forum, many apologies but this is an oversight that we had not noticed and no one had questioned

Please find below a full Kit List:

Kit and Equipment

Snip>
Equipment you will need to bring:

•
Large (70ltr+) rucksack capable of carrying all your equipment

<Snip

Just a quick check, are we going anywhere that a pulk and dry bags will not be able to replace this item?

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Hi Wayland,

Becky passed on your question to me this morning.
Due to a number of factors, including group speed, types of terrain encountered and potential snow cover. It will be more versatile to take a rucksack (70lt +) and a pulk (by no means essential), this will allow you to use any combination.

Hppe this answers your question.

@ Chris. I will be in the area, so might pop in for a brew!

Ross

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Hi Imagedude,

I am on my way to New Zealand so in patchy internet signal! A snow saw is a luxury item and by no means essential. All the work can be done with a snow shovel.

Hope that helps

Ross

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
The kit list mentions slippers/trainers for indoor/tents. I assume this is referring to the basic course as where we are going, there is no indoors, right?
Is it still recommended to bring camp booties or something of the sort?

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Yes, I asked too and was told we'll need trainers etc. for use in the shelters.

I'm taking a small personal FAK; I'm trusting the instructors will have a full-on group FAK.

Snowing here today, hope it's doing so in north Norway!!!

Ted

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
We need slippers for use in our shelters apparently.

Do we need a first aid kit?

I will bring my cosy down booties and a first aid kit.
I'll pack an emergency blanket and a sam splint for when someone trips on some loose snow and breaks something ;)
Some vaseline to prevent frozen skin, some bandaids and gauze for cuts and bruises and some tea for all other emergencies :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'm bringing Mukluks in place of trainers.

I'm out for a week ahead of the course and I can't see any reason to drag trainers around when I'll have no earthly use for them. I'm already struggling to keep the weight of my gear low enough that I can bring some photo gear with me and the kit list keeps growing.

We're not going to be indoor or in tents are we?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I took over sized crocs on the last trip ( lightest thing I could think of! )
Did not use them once.
No trainers for me.
Chris.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

There are still a few outstanding final payments. Please note this should be paid by the 15th February. I will be out of the office on Monday, if you do ring and get no answer please leave a message and a number and I will call you back asap

Regards
Becky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE