Does any of your kit have 'mojo'?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
Hi,
I dont know about anyone else, but I have certain things that I always like to take with me, that have never let me down.
For me its a 20 yr old raggedy fleece and SAK.

'Taken them up and down hills and mountains all over Europe, used and abused them countless times. Whether its blizzards on the moors or hurriedly fixing electrical gear under pressure, both have an inexplicable mojo for me.
If i ever camp out without them it feels like somethings missing, even though I may have 'better' kit with me. I guess I could afford some top end kit but if its not broke - don't fix it.

Anyone else got kit that has loads of mojo for them? If so, what and why?
(the more unfathomable the better!)

cheers
:)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
10 Year old Gerber multi tool. Its been through about 4 pouch replacments and has the odd problem with some of the blades. BUT its great and has travelled round the world with me. Can you beleive i used to take it on planes with me! :rolleyes:

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
my lifeventure insulated steel mug. I can make coffee, strike camp and when I'm packed its still hot coffee. Super stuff and unbreakable(ish)

Jay

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Battered and torn, scarred up, few bits missing, hanging by a thread, been knocking around since 1978, but still got the mojo.

Me. :lmao:

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I've a copper plated billy that I've had since 1988 (year I joined the Army, so it's well travelled) that goes out with me most of the time. I've also got a small kettle that my brother found by a stream in the mid 90s, that nests inside the billy perfectly.

Oh, and I've an Aladdin insulated mug that's been in use since 95. Bought it on R&R from Blacks. There's better insulated mugs out there now, but I like mine. The only time I don't use it is when the kids have misplaced it. Usually turns up in one of the toy boxes.

I think all three must have mojo. They've certainly seen some use. I've tried other things, but I always seem to go back to them.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Just my hat. its a battered, faded, washed, crushed and generally abused US Woodland Boonie, but it keeps off the rain, it keeps off the sun and i don't think i can go anywhere without it.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Martinii leuku, have it since 1980 and it is still going strong (in fact it's the most used knife in the kitchen as well)

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
"10 Year old Gerber multi tool. Its been through about 4 pouch replacments and has the odd problem with some of the blades. BUT its great and has travelled round the world with me. Can you beleive i used to take it on planes with me! "

I had a Gerber multi tool and due to forgetfulness one day, checked on to a Ryan Air flight home, and then remembered it was still on my belt from work. Gave it away to a shop fitter at Dublin Airport, it was either that or bin it :( gutted.

For me it's my Tilly hat I've had for several years.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Me grandad's axe. It's had 4 new handles and 2 new heads over the years but otherwise it's just as it were when he were a lad.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
My boots stand up, walk around and kick bottom all by themselves. Serious mojo. Or it might be that they need a clean.

;)

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Skookum Bush Tool and firesteel. It's always with me or in my pack.
Love mine too! But my Viking pendent on a leather necklace, which has protected me from Hordes of Witches and Evil forest Trolls flawlessly ever since I bought it, is the MOJO to end all MOJO!!! :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE