what's turned your head this year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Robbi the back has a porch bigenough to fit your bergen and a pair of boots in. At a push you can cook in it if you really had to.
I just tend to have a poncho strung up next to it as admin/cooking area

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What's turned my head this year was Nell McAndrew coming out of All Saints down at Clarence Dock with a lovely short skirt and skimpy top.

but I've seen her a couple of times first think in the morning with no make up - but that was a few years ago.

Ok she was doing a photoshoot on the estate where I live. Much more pleasant and people friendly than me at that time of the morning I must say.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Worst thing- A Eurohike Hydro 60 Backpack, split after one use, impossible to pack properly, gimmicky. Refunded!

Best thing- Really tough! Military poncho, awesome kit, so usefull. My new JLT nesmuk knife I got from here rocks, love it. But best of all that turned my head, so to speak.... My Robert Sorby camp Axe, amazing steel makes a gransfors look like a chocolate axe...

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
My most radical purchase this year was my JUNGLE HAMMOCK & FLY. Once you try it, you will never like to sleep on the terma-rest again.

DSC03161.JPG

From all equipment I purchased this year, my vintage, military canvas US anorak is brilliant. I love it's weight, breathability, and simplicity:
DSC03493.JPG

My bigest failure were paddles I purchased for my canoe.
7_8a7217ad67f506d362cafd4594f65f7e.jpg

These are mass production, heavy and stiff peaces of pine. I had no idea how bad they are, until I swap them for those custom made feather-light reflective peaces of art:
DSC03499.JPG

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I love the idea of a quilt as I toss and turn at night and my mummy bag gets tangled. How warm is it though? And don't you lose a lot of heat underneath you if you're on a mat?

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
favourite was a Boker Fellow knife, haven't bought that much so gladly no bad purchases (although last year I bought a 5.11 BOB which I hate), got a Fenix Tk20 too which is a pretty good flashlight so looking forward to the dark evenings for out walking the dog

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
My GoLite Shangri La 3 bought second-hand from MT350.
I’ve used it a few times and like its simplicity; it has a good feel to it……

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
cool anorak, whats the description on the label? might have to have a scout for one of those? it looks like us army camo, but don't recognize the actual item?
My most radical purchase this year was my JUNGLE HAMMOCK & FLY. Once you try it, you will never like to sleep on the terma-rest again.

DSC03161.JPG

From all equipment I purchased this year, my vintage, military canvas US anorak is brilliant. I love it's weight, breathability, and simplicity:
DSC03493.JPG

My bigest failure were paddles I purchased for my canoe.
7_8a7217ad67f506d362cafd4594f65f7e.jpg

These are mass production, heavy and stiff peaces of pine. I had no idea how bad they are, until I swap them for those custom made feather-light reflective peaces of art:
DSC03499.JPG

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Been seriously considering one of these,how much room is in them I'm 6'4" and 20 stone.My main concern is will it cover me and still have some to tuck underneath me.

I am 6'5" tall and got the XL version of the quilt. It is certainly long enough for me. In fact I can get inside the quilt with it over my head despite it really only meant to cover the body. I am relatively slim so I think I can wrap the quilt all the way around me quite easily. Anyway since ther are two straps which you can adjust then you can always keep it in position where it needs to be to keep you warm. That is on top and around your sides. You don't need to tuck it too far under you. It drapes nicely to your side IF you are big. IMHO I reckon you would be ok with it but it is expensive at abotu £280 now so please make sure and try it if you can. Try outdoorwarehouse in Windermere if you are ever around the area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE