Walking stick weapon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You live in a dangerous country.

The silly man may be encouraged to use the stick as a defensive weapon.

Violence, even in self defence, is totally unacceptable.

Turn the other cheek for the next blow is the correct response.

Don't worry, the assailant will be prosecuted and given a suspended sentence and counselling thereby creating jobs for more policemen, lawyers and social workers.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Come home on friday to hear that a drunk halfwit had attempted to gain access to my car with my wife driving.
{ I DONT CARE HOW DRUNK A MAN IS BUT THERE'S A LIMMIT}
Anyway she didnt have time to click the c/locking so 80kgs of gsd springing from the back to the front sure put him off, iff the two boys had bit where do we stand.
If my wife had given him a lift to our local that whould have been enough for him not to get in our car again.
Soloman.

leon-1

Not really what you would want to hear as a pensioner, that once they have confiscated a stick, labelled it with a unique number and at a later date they are unable to produce it.

No wonder they cannot produce evidence in court and prosecute criminals.:rolleyes:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
That guy looks like blo**y menace with that weapon in his hand...(is that a hoody on that coat??) I am glad they took his st.... weapon from him, he could have hurt someone with this dangerous bit of wood.

article-0-02D6D50400000578-509_233x393.jpg

can't you see the resemblance here between that dangerous man and this dangerous man? :swordfigh

ang0160l.jpg

Honestly, what are you thinking about, complaining about this mindless menace...

Actually, the stupidity, heavy handedness and lack of common sense makes me want to weep.. :cussing:

And to add insult to injury, they go and loose the stick...very efficient of them...god help us all.

Diligence

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
Calgary, Canada
"Actually, the stupidity, heavy handedness and lack of common sense makes me want to weep.. "

Yes, me too....

.....you know, it does seem that the UK in general is more socially accepting of these kind of stupid acts (i.e. the manufacturing of risk and threat - when none exists) than other countries. (i.e. Canada) - yet we have our share of dumb rules too, like no steak knives in lunch kits for kids..even if you have steak to eat).

Examples are the illegal nature of carrying a locking pocket knife...

Now, an example is the recent posting about the chainsaws and how they should be banned. Why is it that the public is more accepting of autocratic government, without common sense? Or are you?

Further examples on BCUK are the conversations regarding the "covert" flint knife, the illegal trapping of crayfish, the illegal carrying of a slingshot (pocket catapult) - by the way, I carried one every day as a kid-...etc.....and my all time favorite so far, the fact that a bow-drill could not be brought to school to show children how their ancestors lit fires----because it was a FIRE RISK...?

Surely not all of the UK is this anal?

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Surely not all of the UK is this anal?

Nah, we're not - but the police can be, especially when anywhere near anything that could be considered a protest.

I must say, I'm surprised to see the Daily Mail on the right side of this one. That must've been a tough call in the editorial office: "Do we go with the 'decent old codger victim of PC gone mad' angle, or the 'dirty f****ing hippies are destroying western civilisation and lowering our property values' angle?"

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Nah, we're not - but the police can be, especially when anywhere near anything that could be considered a protest.

I must say, I'm surprised to see the Daily Mail on the right side of this one. That must've been a tough call in the editorial office: "Do we go with the 'decent old codger victim of PC gone mad' angle, or the 'dirty f****ing hippies are destroying western civilisation and lowering our property values' angle?"
I think it was a case of "lets post half truths and lies and see where the sticky brown smelly stuff lands, we can decide from there" the didn't report the knives that were found by the fence, nor the throwing star(s). they also forgot to mention the bolt cutters, and padded suits that innocent protesters just happened to have. And of course they wouldn't mention the long thick heavy chains with padlocks but no keys that people had. 'Weapons' like the above have been used on other peaceful protests against the police and their dogs/horses. All harmless fun really:rolleyes:

surely all these dangerous weapons the police found they should have arrested and prosecuted the people who had them if they think a crime has been commited ????? :D
im sure they wouldnt just take a machine gun of a bloke and send him on his way with a recipt

the only way the cops will learn is to be laughed out of court by judges enough times to try and make common sence sink in unfortunatly they know in this police state most dont want to got thru this hassle so get away with nicking old mens walking sticks and kids crayons etc

ATB

Duncan

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
That is ridiculous!! Id better tell my dad as he needs a stick to walk, i was questioned and searched under the 'great' new terrorist act a few months ago, and for what...taking photos at night time (looked suspicious)!!

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think it was a case of "lets post half truths and lies and see where the sticky brown smelly stuff lands, we can decide from there" the didn't report the knives that were found by the fence, nor the throwing star(s). they also forgot to mention the bolt cutters, and padded suits that innocent protesters just happened to have. And of course they wouldn't mention the long thick heavy chains with padlocks but no keys that people had. 'Weapons' like the above have been used on other peaceful protests against the police and their dogs/horses. All harmless fun really:rolleyes:

How many arrests were actually made with people being in possession of the above said articles, I would have thought that would have made a much more impressive headline and given the police much more credibility than confiscating the things that were highlighted ie. crayons walking sticks ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE