Your Favourite Bushcraft Word

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Rumplestiltskin :)

Snow or Rain. It means most people will be indoors and i'll have the woods to myself. Sit under a tarp and brew up, and just sit, listen and watch. Marvellous :rolleyes:

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Pan...

gets you lost in the woods but at least helps you with the cooking:)

I do like the word dawn though.... as in "it has dawned upon me that I don't know where I am" it makes it sound allot less worrying as the words "I'm lost". Sunrise is also nice to watch:)

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Well fossik and dunnage were new ones to me.
Looked them up and dunnage sounds so normal I'm surprised I've never heard it before.

If you google 'fossik' however, it's a whole different story - not for the easily offended:eek:

It sounds much better with reference to hedgerows and pignuts, I'll stick with that image.:)

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Roast dinner or shower :) Come on folks be truthful. How good are those words after a week in the woods?

Seriously, I like the title of my blog: Woodlife. Ok it might sound a little like a certain famous presenter's school, but to me it evokes that little slice of my life when I can escape from the modern world and, at least for a little while, be part of the natural one - not just a visitor.

Hey man! Deep or what!

Pablo.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Well if it were word used most often when doing bushcraft it would be bugger!

I like Red's bimble, Spamel introduced me to Pan last week and like the sound of this fella and Jodies Bivvy or indeed basha, a base a home!

Mainly I'd say my favorite word is life! coz to me it's what it's all about!

P

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Mashing (making a brew) often said without the g round ere. Cordage is another, Im sure theres loads more tho.

B

bushyboo

whittling always brings a smile to my face but i do like bimble :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE