Workshops at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
As most of you area aware we have a lot of workshops that go on at the Moots and one of the great things that's always happened at the Moots is members/visitors have run workshops so that they can share their knowledge, for which there's hundreds, if not thousands of grateful people over the years.

So, I thought we'd get a thread going where people could say some of the workshops/subjects they would like and if anyone want's to run a workshop they can let us know (anyone can feel free to PM me if you want to run something and we can discuss as needed)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well people seemed to enjoy carving net needles last year so I'll be happy to do that again if folks are interested still. It'd be good if someone will be doing a net making workshop so the 2 skills can be tied together.

Only issue I had with doing it last year was its popularity, I think there was about 15-20 people who wanted to do it. With that in mind I might want to put a restriction on numbers and/or run a workshop for full members and one later on for general members

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'll have my sharpening and forge gear with me as usual. So if folk want me to do a little sharpening workshop, then I can bring extra stones (though I think somebody else did put a sharpening workshop on last year anyway?; if not then I can just do a demo ;)

With the forge, I'm afraid it's demo only (not dragging loads of anvils all that way!). But if there are any special demo requests then let me know before and I shall try and bring the right bits of metal with me.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I'd like an archery workshop if anyone can do. Got my own longbow, just not the right technique!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I'd like an archery workshop if anyone can do. Got my own longbow, just not the right technique!

I will be bringing my bows along and maybe running a class for making quickie bows. We usually set up a range in the evening to shoot them. There will be plenty of folk around who could give you some pointers on technique.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll be doing a couple of leatherworking workshops, and one especially for the kids (pre-punched leather and lacing - no sharps), even the little kids can do this one.
I'll also be doing some kind of green woodworking workshop, possibly incorporating camp furniture and other camp craft skills. Much is yet to be arranged though.

Eric

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I will be running two first aid emergency responder sessions. Plus 2 sessions for kids to learn basic first aid.

I will also be doing another Buthanese Bow Making workshop. This takes around 4 hours and you get your own bow to take home. Numbers limited though.

I might be persuaded by Tony to do something else as well.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll do a few knot craft workshops and if necessary I can help JD and CC in the tarpology sessions.

I could be persueded to do a spoon carving session, but I'd like to pick a few folks brains about carving woodspirits.

Other than that, I'll dive in wherever I can.

ATB

Ogri the trog

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i would like to learn handrill method of firelighting if possible please regards dave

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I can do my usual. Spoon carving, knife sharpening etc. I shall leave the leatherwork to Eric this year (he's so much better at it than I!) Benn doing a lot of green wordworking this year and making camp furniture - Have a good old handbook for some excellent ideas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE