WinterMoot 2024 - Festival of Outdoor Cookery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Heads up for Wayne. Kim and I will both be after an Evening meal each night. I want to say Breakfast as well but Kim is no morning person so may have to play that by ear.
Will an evening meal be available Monday night, what with setting up and that?
If so you have 2 takers for certain.
im sure we can sort out an evening meal for Monday. :)

Rachel.riveroak

Nov 11, 2023
Windsor
Whereabouts is this winter bushmoot located? I want to come for the weekend, but I have to make sure I can get there by train and walking as I can't drive yet :)

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
"Tile Hill " is the nearest railway station. It is just a two platform baby station but trains from Coventry do stop there (as well as trains heading to Coventry) . If you are fit it's walkable being less than two miles. Taxi from the main Coventry station is doable.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I've just been watching Seoras' vid on the 2023 Winter Moot again (https://bushcraftuk.com/community/threads/wintermoot-2023-rough-close.162870/). Some interesting cooking techniques that I've not seen before.

Any thoughts on producing a guide or handbook to the various techniques demonstrated for those who can't make the Moot?
I'm in the process of doing just that. The writing is easy the photography isn't as fast. Good photos take a lot more effort to achieve.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just over a week away!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
If you've not been before, come along and give it a go, it's a great event with friendly people and there's lots to get stuck into if you want to.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Very excited for my first Moot.

Will be packing next weekend, just need to decide on what food to bring really. Might top up at a local shop mid-week so I don’t need to buy a cool box for meat.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it this year, not even for a couple of days. With all the weather we've had I'm still catching up with the season's work in the wood that has to be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Have a great time all of you :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it this year, not even for a couple of days. With all the weather we've had I'm still catching up with the season's work in the wood that has to be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Have a great time all of you :)
Going to miss you mate, but totally understand, and I hope that it all goes well and you get caught up with the work.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com

Will be packing next weekend, just need to decide on what food to bring really. Might top up at a local shop mid-week so I don’t need to buy a cool box for meat.
Looking forward to having you, the key to a good moot is to relax and enjoy and if you've got any questions speak up, everyone is accommodating and happy to help out.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk

Breakfasts and an evening meal are available to purchase during the moot.

Every morning and evening except Friday night when the Forestknights team have a night off.

Food cooked during demonstrations will be handed out as tasters during the day free.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE