working knives does anyone have them

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Niels, I really like that folding knife of yours. Available only in the Netherlands?
And I must say, British Red wins the award for most used knife...sure you didn't dig that one up in some archeological site? ;)
Cheers
Alex

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
It's German made. It came in wood though the antler is a mod.
If you can find a sodbuster in good steel, it's not that hard to just bust the scales of and put on some stag scales.:)

Yes the GEC " bullnose" o-1 sodbuster makes great EDC that builds up a nice patina if its a working knife.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its surprisingly good isn't it Tony? I was unconvinced by the chisel end until I had one....now I find myself reaching for it a lot - it'll take a good thump with a hammer either on the spine or the handle to split some wood, chisel out a bit of rot or whatever. Useful for prying, scraping ....as you say ...a good tool

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Lies, everyone knows the more spent on a knife, the better your chances of survival, finding a partner, getting that job and being let off the speeding offence!

Also, because of this thread, I gave my knives a damn good clean up and they came out looking ok. They all get use, though the scandi one much less so.

Gene Ingram No6 Drop Point
attachment.php

John-Erik scandi
attachment.php

Helle Harding
attachment.php

Three together
attachment.php

My main trio of Bison Bushcraft knives
attachment.php

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have a couple of drawer queens but for day to day use and my EDC there is a Doug Ritter RSK MK1...

rsk_m1.JPG

And for when I can escape to the woods there is my old Alan Wood Woodlore...

woodlore.JPG

I have a few others that get some regular use but no photos of those to hand.

:)

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
For me it is my Helle Folkekniven. I like the fact it looks used.

2013-08-20+17.31.36.jpg

2013-08-20+17.32.21.jpg

It is mainly the handle that bears the marks of use. The blade is fairly unscratched. I take good care of it by keeping it sharp and clean, and oiling it every now and then. In exchange it keeps on being a fantastic knife year in year out.
2013-08-20+17.32.37.jpg

I like this thread. Knives that have a story to tell are prettier.

Last edited:

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
This is my current user! slowly being fazed out by my Jacklore though, But the Jacklore is still looking to shiny to show in this thread just yet! :)

DSCN0177.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Since I tend to leave folders in pockets and forget which pocket or more precisely which garment I have hidden them in I have taken to wearing a necker all the time I can get away with it.

if I don't think I'll be doing more than opening packets and light stuff it's the old CRKT Neck Peck in a heavily cut back sheath (bottom) but most of the time it's a Grohmanns flat ground camper. The sheaths taken on a nice patina over the years but my inexpert sharpening had meant the blade has lost a lot of its belly.

image_zps5c4a5454.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
.......and the row I got a few years ago because I posted a photo that had a stained tomeliten in it :rolleyes:....rhubarb if I recall correctly.

That well used Bahco looks very, very useable, doesn't it ?

Squidders, I like the set :D

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That Bahco is a great tool Mary - the illegitimate offspring of a tough knife and a chisel. It pries, scrapes, levers, chisels, chops and batons (and is built to do so). It aint pretty - but pretty is as pretty does!

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Stolen picture as it's better than mine
This is still a new knife to me and I paid a visit to Stuart who gave it a complete refurb. It's already had 3-4 outings but it it still looks new. I look after my knives but they are all users (this is my only fixed blade)

secare003_zpsd137c783.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE