working knives does anyone have them

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That's a great knife mate - like that design a lot. Keep meaning to send the PFK back to Stu for a refurb (he's offered before). Not many makers offer that as a free service!

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
That's a great knife mate - like that design a lot. Keep meaning to send the PFK back to Stu for a refurb (he's offered before). Not many makers offer that as a free service!

I think it's a testament to Stu that he will do this sort of thing free of charge, especially considering i was not the first owner.
Not to mention he's a top bloke too!

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
David Budd knife.jpg
This knife goes everywhere with me when I'm out bushie-ing. It cuts my food, does my carving, cuts plants, wood, paracord, leather, material, skins rabbits, joints meat, guts fish, anything I need a knife for. I've used it to wiggle things out of other things, etc, etc. I keep it clean and sharp - a blunt knife is useless and dangerous :)

Nov 11, 2014
Area 3
Currently working on a working knife that i found, it was in a pretty poor state but cleaned it up and all that left to do it put a handle on it and paracord wrapped or wood.
i would upload some photos of the progress but i dont know how can anyone advise?

Last edited:

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Currently working on a working knife that i found, it was in a pretty poor state but cleaned it up and all that left to do it put a handle on it and paracord wrapped or wood.
i would upload some photos of the progress but i dont know how can anyone advise?
I think you need to make about 5 or 10 posts before you can post pictures

James.R

May 6, 2009
Wiltshire
Knife that's in my pocket every day is my opinel and come the colder months my A Wright and sons is on my side.
12af26c68e150a2d83a197cdc27f83ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
I will only carry and use a knife that will not distress me if it runs away and I never see it again. That means a cheap and inexpensive knife that probably cost less than $5 for a pocket knife or $10 for a fixed blade. As an example, I purchased a thoroughly satisfactory Schrade folder for less than $5 that did everything I'd ever use a knife for. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is just now.

Generally speaking, I try not to get overly attached to things like that, so it doesn't bother me to lose it. Losing a cat causes me more grief.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
That Bahco is a great tool Mary - the illegitimate offspring of a tough knife and a chisel. It pries, scrapes, levers, chisels, chops and batons (and is built to do so). It aint pretty - but pretty is as pretty does!

I have the Bahco with the rounded end blade (SB-2449) - cheap, a very thick & tough blade and perfect for extracting wayward arrows from trees, target butts etc in field archery. I stopped using posher / weaker knives for field when I got it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE