Wish me luck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi everyone just thought id post saying I may not be on for a while after Tuesday,certainly wont be out for longer,though haven't been out at all this year so far anyway,im off to Hospital on Wednesday morning for Micro vascular decompression surgery of a nerve on my brain stem, problem started last December and has so far succeeded in ruining everything I like doing. Last year I was as fit as id ever been and did plenty of trips out and long distance hike's im hoping to do the Normandy coast next spring all being well. Just one more thing id like to do a big thank you to a member on here who do a great thing for my daughter recently very much appreciated going to miss this place guy's hoping to be back real soon, take care all.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey Andy. You look after yourself and keep in touch. They'll sort it out and you'll be back to normal in no time.

JD

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Crossing our fingers for you Andy - if you need a food parcel when you wake up - shoot me a PM :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheer's guy's I doubt hospital food will be anything like your's Hugh but all being well i'm hoping to be out between 3 and 5 day's its the rehabilitation depending on success that can and does take a while.(i may just take you up on the offer once I get out though...)Im hoping to stay with my Dad down in Manchester for a few weeks afterward's and my mother in law's going to come over and look after the children as my wife works away from home for long period's, But ive been told one of the main post op short term problems I may experience is headaches, irritability and being unsteady on my feet,and as my kids are all very lively to say the least I don't want them to have to quieten down and I need piece,quiet,and rest.Jonathan ive been practicing with my pocket sniper everyday this week,getting a lot better around the 10-15yrd mark but further and im still not getting the drop right, you done that review yet?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
All the best with this, I feel for anybody going through the medical thing being no stranger to it myself; but they perform miracles more and more these days, eh? :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Big thanks guy's means a lot, im definitely hoping for a speedy recovery,well as fast as these things can be, im not fooling myself it will take time. One thing's for sure this thing has put problems in perspective for me,and that is to stop worrying about what if's or what might be, and to live and enjoy every second of the people you love and the things you love doing.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wishing you all the best for the Op and recovery Andy. I'm sure you'll breeze through it. (Must admit I won't hear a word said against the NHS after the way they've put me back together - we're very lucky in this country to have them). You'll be breezing along the Normandy coast before you know it. In the meantime to keep you going here's a series of films to download and watch in hospital to give you something to work towards...
[video=youtube;ruFRE4wKIJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruFRE4wKIJI[/video]
All the best,
GB.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheer's Goatboy, ive been to Normandy for the last two years running on holiday staying at Asnelles first year, and Port en bessin huppain this year love the place im a very keen ww2 History buff I dragged the wife and kids to every Cemetry,memorial,museum,and beach bunker I could find until they couldn't take any more so whilst they lay on the beach I did more myself, absolutely love the place,food and way of life, so I promised myself once fit my Friend his fluent French speaking German girlfriend(always helps having a fluent speaker),and my brother(all love hiking walking) that we would walk from Ouisteram to Grand camp Maisy then inland and on to Carentan,then back to Bayeux.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Best of luck mate, a bit of positive thinking when your home and you'll be right as rain in no time!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE