Wish me luck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Glad to hear you're home Andy. Hopefully it's all gone swimmingly and the recovery will be swift. Scars are fun, I look on them as a roadmap of my life! And it's a free Frankenstein Monster suit for Halloween coming up!

Hope you feel stronger every day and can get out for a wander soon. It really made a difference to me when I could finally get out for a bimble again. Does the soul some good.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Thanks again guy's currently in the less bad and really bad days time of post op, but as ive jumped from tonsils out to full on cracking open the old nut and jiggle about with the unsides type of op cant really expect much more really in the short term, still swollen at base of skull and neck very bruised but its completely numb all of it, still got twinges in left side of Pharyngial arch severe pressure headaches all over inside of head, was expecting that though,just hope this reduces over time and its all been worth it, again many thanks, and I will add a scar oic once everything has settled down.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Remember - it happened when you were saving a baby from a velociraptor (at least that's what you tell the girls) :)

You doing okay?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hugh, I was thinking along similar lines for when I have grandchildren I used to love my granddads war stories so I think a bit of poetic license is called for re my scar! As for me well good and bad days really still weak and still have some pre op symptoms so still on full dose medication, just got to hope the nerve, if the ops been successful bounces back and recovers, as I said earlier it was completely squashed and adhered to the Artery just got to hope!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Blimey Andy, that's a much bigger cut than I thought

Looks like you're mending well though mate, keep it up

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Not been on for ages or would have wished you well .
Good to see your recovering and able to post. Best wishes for a full and as painless as can be recovery Andy.
Atvb
Chis

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers guys, yep Rich its much bigger than I thought too, I was originally told it will be a small scar behind my ear, but pre op I had a ciss MRI whatever that is to defo confirm diagnosis and also to help determine the angle to go in at,they (surgeons)must have found it was main artery to the brain during this(never told me,probably good job really) and that they needed to go in from a different position anyway hey ho its done now,so long as its successful im not bothered about the scar to be honest.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm not surprised your neck was stiff after that! Very pleased to hear that all seems to be going well for you ; let's hope you can get some woods time soon, eh? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE