Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Not an amazing bit of photography as I only had my phone.. This little guy got himself shut in the greenhouse the other day.

IMG_1052_zps0f8b1025.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
He's definitely going to give someone a seeing to! I love stoats. They embody the phrase "will kill anything that doesn't kill them first". Pound for pound one of the hardest creatures on the planet I think.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Only semi-wildlife, but I'm hoping Hugh will tell me what is going on with all these honeybees at the entrance to their hive. Image taken last weekend.

14020651001_80b4d48ccb_b.jpg

Hard to tell to be honest - nothing very unusual. Possibly ventilating the hive, or just a warm spell when they all came out to take on water and stores and relieve themselves. My car gets covered with little orange lines of "bee poo" after the weather has held them in for a bit.

On a very hot day you can see half the hove on the outside. 30,000 bees looks like a lot when you see it!

Its the time of year for swarming so keep your eyes out for that - anamazing sight - you can hear them doing it from 30 yards away too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE