Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I had a good day taking pictures of various winter wildlife today, so thought we might have a place on the forum for pictures of animals and plants, rather than a new thread each time.

Anyway, here are mine from today. Please add your own.

A family of swans

Gadwall

Teal in flight

Little grebe

Mallard in flight

Otter

It was a good day. :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The otter was at a Gwent Widlife Trust nature reserve, Magor Marsh. Saw it last time I was there too. All of the pics are from the reserve, mainly taken from the bird hide.

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Harvestman
Lovely picture, and you can see on that shot why seal pelts are prized by the peoples who share their environment. It looks dense and warm.
Thanks your's look great to, very lucky to get a shot of the otter!! thats my next one to bagg, if not a Kingfisher that i have only seen as a flash of blue disappearing up the brook :(

I think this poor sole was having a breather from the horrendous sea conditions that day,but definitely looks like he's fairly young and eating well, the lard ****!!
[/IMG]

Great pictures. Butterflies are a new love of mine. Where have I been? I dream about them now even in the middle of the winter. Sad I know. Saw my first this year on 03 Jan.

Also wonder if there's a help group for my dragonfly problem? (just another personal issue)............hc (What ever my problem is: It's a great excuse to get some spanking field guides)

Last edited: