Wanted GRANSFORS BRUK WILDLIFE HATCHET / OLD SHAPE LIKE THE SMALL FOREST AXE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

briar87

Aug 5, 2022
Kent
Hi all.
I’m looking for a Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet, but not the kind that is currently on sale. I’m looking for the one that they used to make, before they changed the handle shape.
It used to be a smaller version of the Small Forest Axe, but about 15 years ago (i think) they changed it to a straighter handle.
A good way to see the older shape is in the Ray Mears video where he is talking about choosing and using an axe for bushcraft. The smallest one in the video is the older shaped handle version of the GB Wildlife Hatchet. I’ll attach some pictures showing this, as well as a photo of the current offering.
I do already have one of the current versions, which my fiancé lovingly brought back from Sweden for me, after a 100km hike in the artic circle. Very kind.
I would however love to add to the collection with the older version also.
The only other person I have noticed who does have one, as well as Ray Mears is Lois Orford of Craftlab Leather.

If anyone has one that they would consider parting with, regardless of condition, please do send me a message.

Many thanks in advance.
All the best.
Briar ✌️

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE