wilderness gathering?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Well, after seeing my two offspring ok with their tents, I am going to try out a bivvy made from two cheapo B&Q tarps..one of em adapted with rope and hope, to form a hammock.

Ive tried this rig in the garden and it seems to work, except my chosen trees were in the wrong place and I had to rig a thick bamboo sheerleg, for one end.

I am definitely not a "on back" sleeper, so I dont expect a great deal of kip, but , heres a question for the cognescenti......This tarp thing, is woven plasticky stuff, could be polyprop, now, is it likely to catch a lot of condensation?
Its one thing to have an awkward kipping position, but to get soaked as well, is just much.

Ceeg

looking forward to meeting everyone.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Unfortunately for me, one of my lot wont be coming to the WG after all.

So , theres a buckshee ticket, "pining for the fjords."

The only way I can think of doing this, is: whoever is really interested in going to WG,but can,t raise the cash for it, then just pm me with their BCUK username, and they,ll all go into a hat draw.

Time is pressing on, now and its maybe not fair that , over the long weekend ,a good portion of the members are probably off Bushcrafting and maybe wont see this.
Another thing... I could do the draw late Monday, in the hope of having enough time to get the ticket posted off in time for arrival well before next Friday.

Whoever,s lucky, just has to get themselves sorted with their own means of getting there and back and whatever else they need.

No fisticuffs, please.

Ceeg

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
That's very generous of you Seagull.

I had a strange dream about bushcraftuk and you last night, you got banned because you dropped a leather pouch made by leon-1 down a well. It was a very bizarre dream as later I had a bath in a filing cabinet drawer.. :bluThinki :confused:

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
ScotC, some dream.

Is there any way I can get my mitts on a few pints of what you were drinking?

Ceeg

Sounds a bit like " the afternoon, after the morning after, after the night before"

leon-1

Ceeg, if you are still coming to the gathering we will have to do a Jim 'll Fix it for ScottC, we may need some time to dig a well and I'll have to make a pouch and.........

No on second thoughts lets not bother:D.

I'll see you there folks:D

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Anyone know what time it finishes on the sunday, is there a set time we have to be off the site?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hey ho ScottC.
Last course slated to finish 1730 according to timetable, but, I dunno what time they send in the bouncers.

Well, nobody has shown sign of wanting this buckshee ticket yet!

Ceeg

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Unfortunately I didn't make the Bushmoot this year and nearly missed this post too. Thank goodness Ms Bootstrap is on the case :)

Falling Rain, I know you are interested in the Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire meet, perhaps you would like to say hello if you're around?

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Blimey can't believe this hasn't gone, I would have had it if I hadn't booked already.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Seagull start a new thread.
Maybe call it Widerness Gathering Freebie. It's too generous an offer to miss. :You_Rock_

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE